Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Klamath Falls, OR

Headed that way in a couple of weeks, planning on a month or so up there. Any recommendations for RV parks in the area?

Most appreciated,

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
PJ & Nan,

If you don't mind staying 31 miles north of K-Falls on Hwy. 97 there is a great OR State Park with full hookups that you might be interested in checking out. Here's a link. http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_228.php

You asked in another post about hills on the route from Sacramento to K-Falls. The steepest pulls will be on I-5 from Redding (500' elevation) to Mt. Shasta (3600' elevation) and then a short section on 97 over Mt. Hebron north of Weed. If my old Ford can do it, I'm sure the Dodge can too!

We are currently near Glacier National Park, MT and will be headed for home in Mt. Shasta the last week of this month. I'll have limited internet access after this evening for awhile, but would like to know where you end up as we may come through the K-Falls area on our way home.

Have a safe trip,

Don
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:13 AM   #3
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I believe I already suggested Collier State Park to these folks so hope your thumbs up helps. If you like to fish, the Williamson River runs through the park. There are many spots that back up close to the river. The logging museum is also interesting, which is located within the park but across the highway. The park was closed for updates last year so we are anxious to go back ourselves to visit.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Don and Claudia:

For now, we are planning on arriving at the K-Falls KOA on 2 July, departure date at least a week or more from that date. We might stay at the KOA for a couple of weeks or even a month....all that remains to be determined.

Let us know if you will be transiting the area..

Best,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
Don't know what the KOA is like these days but when I stayed there back in the early 80's it was a nice place. I have also stayed in that first Oregon State Park just up the road from the border and it is a really nice park. We stayed there about two years ageo.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
PJ, no sweat on towing to Klamath Falls. We stayed at a commercial park north of Klamath Falls, near Chiloquin. Windmill something or other. I don't recall much except it was an ok park. Nothing special. This was probably three years or so ago. If we were doing it now we'd probably look into that state park. At the time we needed wifi so didn't do state parks.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote