Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2005, 06:13 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I'm gonna be rich...........

I am finally going to be able to buy everything I ever dreamed of and maybe have a few bucks left over. Maybe I'll get me a Brand New Cambridge with all the bells and whistles and a fully loaded medium duty truck to tow it with.
I know you are all as excited about this as I am and want to hear all the details.
I received the following email this morning and can't wait for the response back from Andrew. Anyway here is the email I received...

Manager, International Commercial Bank.
Kaneshie Branch, Accra-Ghana.
West Africa.

Attn:

My name is Mr. Andrew Odartey; I am the regional manager of the international commercial bank of Ghana. I am 44 years of age married with 3 lovely kids. I got your information through the Internet and hope and wish that we can work together.
I have successfully and carefully packaged a financial transaction that will benefit both of us. As the regional manager of the international commercial bank (icbgh). It is my duty and responsibility to send in, a financial report to the head office of my bank here in Accra (Ghana) at the end of each fiscal year.
In the course of report and submission of the end of the year (2004) financial activities of my branch to the head office. I discovered that my branch in which I am the head and the manager made an outstanding profit of US$3, 750, 000.00 (three Million seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars only) which is unaccounted and undeclared and of which the head office is not and will never be aware of. I have since and accordingly placed the funds (US$3, 750, 000.00) in a suspense account without any beneficiary.
As the manager and an employee of the bank, I can not be directly involved and connected with the money, so this has informed my contacting you for us to work together so that you can assist in receiving this money into your bank account for us to share.
For your involvement and participation in the scheme, you shall receive 30% of the total money after conclusion. The transaction (scheme) is risk free and the money will be transferred to your designated account through bank-to-bank transfer via telegraphic wire transfer. All that you will require to do is to stand and make claim as the original and bonafide depositor of the funds with the bank (my branch) so that my head office will give approval for the transfer of the funds to your designated account.
Note that as the manager of my branch of the bank that all the requisite and necessary arrangements have been masterfully and expertly put in place to facilitate your successful claim of the money and the eventual transfer of the money.
Upon your reply of this mail and your indication of interest in the transaction, I shall oblige you further details.

Awaiting your prompt response.

Best regards,
Mr. Andrew Odartey.

I'd show you his email addy but I am afraid one of you might try to jump in there and steal my money.
I am just so excited about this new found wealth that I am just overwhelmed with anticipation of getting 30% of $3,750,000.00. I can't wait for Andrew to contact me and inform me of how many of my hard earned bucks they will require from me in order to show good faith towards this transaction. Probably wouldn't be more than $5,000 or $10,000 dollars. I am sitting here on pins and needles waiting to complete this good faith transaction so I can get my 30%....

NOT!!!!

Hey, I may have been born at night but it wasn't Last Night.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hi Glenn,
Good luck and please remember ALL your MOC friends when you get your money!

I'll bet all he's trying to get is your bank account info. I'd guess he won't even ask you to send him any money. The sad thing is there are people out there that will believe this guy!

Take care,

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 02:52 AM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Not much telling how many of these e-mails he sent out and some poor soul will bite!!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 03:44 AM   #4
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Hi Glenn and Lorraine

I'm not sure what you are going to do with you one million one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars or is it pesos.

But I would suggest you donate at the top of this page. Just click the donate now button at the top of the page. Thats 10% or $112,500.
Since we all know that this is a sure thing. You may as well click it now and make the donation. Your money will arrive shortly.

BTW from the World Fact Book this is where you may have to travel to collect your money.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/gh.html

Good luck with getting the money and with the new Cambridge.

Chris
Old 07-09-2005, 04:31 AM   #5
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
I've heard about this scam but never been on the receiving end. Isn't there someplace you can report it? But if you opt to receive the $$$ - just remember all your "friends" at MOC!!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:45 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I can't believe this scam is still going on. I use to receive letters and now email from several different countries (Nigeria, etc.). The first one was about 14 years ago and I couldn't figure out how they got my business address. I traced it back to "Who's Who's" where I was listed when I worked for a CPA firm.
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:12 AM   #7
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
We must be related as he sent me the same letter and that's how I got my Mountaineer!

If it sounds too good to be true..........IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:09 AM   #8
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
What are you all trying to say. I can"t believe all you nay sayers you non believers. That is why you all will never be rich, you don't trust people. Glen so what that you never heard of this guy, so what that he got your name on a internet search, so what if he only wants $5,000-$10,000 for good faith if you don't trust him just send the money to me and I will take all the risks in fact if he wants more don't you worry about a thing. If this thing goes south not to worry I took all the risk.
Waiting for your check of good faith of $5,000.
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:51 AM   #9
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Well Shucks, I got this one this morning and Wow 10,000,000,00. I think I will buy me 3 or 4 more Montana's.

Dear Whetstone,

I am Barrister Godfrey Ugo, an attorney at law. I am the Personal
Attorney to Mr. David Whetstone, a national of your country, who used
to
work with Dantax Petroleum Nigeria Limited.

On the 4th of May 2002, my client, his wife and their three children
were
involved a fatal plane crash in jos. All passengers on board including
my
late client, his wife and three children lost their lives.

Since then I have made several enquires to your embassy to locate any
of my
clients extended relatives, this has proved rather unsuccessful.I have
therefore contacted you to assist in repatriating the money and
property
left behind by my client before they get confisticated or declared
unserviceable by the bank in which his fund were deposited since both
of you
are foreigners.

Particularly,the Bank where the deceased operated an account valued to
the
tune of (10.5 million US dollars) has issued me a notice to provide the
next
of Kin or have the account revoked within the next ten official working
days. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for
close to
3 years now.

I solicit your consent to present you as the next of kin of the
deceased so
that the proceeds of his account can be paid to you and then you and I
can
share the money to a ratio of 6:4,meaning I take 60% and you'll get
40%.

I have all the necessary legal document that can be used to back up any
claim we may make. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable
us see
this deal through.
I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement
that
will protect you from any breach of the law.

Best Regards.
Barrister Godfrey Ugo

This is so Funny LOL,LOL,LOL
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #10
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
It seems to me that more than one of you are going to need a good "financial advisor". I'm at your service. (No experience you understand, but I learn quickly!)
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 02:38 PM   #11
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Boy, I really feel left out. Nobody ever want to send me money. I'm really bummed (NOT).

Sharon
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 04:44 PM   #12
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
I must have been listed in several places as I seem to get a variance on this one every couple of weeks. Sad part is that someone somewhere must fall for it or it would have died years ago.

On a VERY much more serious note there is a VERY serious scam making the rounds where you are asked to verify your bank account information - DO NOT EVEN CLICK ON THE LINK - no bank to my knowledge will approach you in this way. If you respond you are in VERY real danger of being a victim of idendity theft.
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:18 PM   #13
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Well what gets me is that this person thinks that a intelligent person would fall for something so bazaar.I mean how much money have you ever got free. DUH!!!! I must have laugh for a good 30 minutes on and off.I know that if it is too good to be true it probably isn't.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:35 AM   #14
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
There was a special on TV about these scams not too long ago. Maybe on 60 minutes or dateline. Anyway there is a man been trying to catch these criminals. He acts as if he bites and meets them someplace. Usually an airport. They are so phony it isn't funny. But they are slick for sure!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:04 AM   #15
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
I received a variation of this last year and hit delete. I might have received more, but the first thing I do when I open my e-mail account is delete any e-mails where I do not recognize the sender or subject header; must have been half asleep when I opened the one I did receive.

Of course, they are not looking to take the intelligent people, but the ones that P. T. Barnum said were born every minute or those whose faculties have diminished.

Very sad!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:39 AM   #16
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Just imagine at the number of people who really fall for this type of con? Who would you report something like this too?
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 01:59 PM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DiananColin

On a VERY much more serious note there is a VERY serious scam making the rounds where you are asked to verify your bank account information - DO NOT EVEN CLICK ON THE LINK - no bank to my knowledge will approach you in this way. If you respond you are in VERY real danger of being a victim of idendity theft.
Exactly. I get these purportedly from PayPal, Ebay, and others. When I forwarded the emails to the real PayPal, Ebay, and others, they all replied that they NEVER put a link in their emails for you to verifiy your information. They say IF they need you to do this they will tell you to login in the usual manner and click on the link on their page.

I wonder how many people have been hurt by this kind of thing.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:08 AM   #18
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
Steve,I have been getting those e-mails for quite a while now and I'm sure their are those that will send them their information, unfortunately.It is so easy to make an honest living why don't these people 'get it.
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:55 AM   #19
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
Wonder if this BoZo will accept Purchase Orders for the "good faith" contribution...? I get this stuff all the time at work.
tweir is offline   Reply With Quote