Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
4-Day Road Trip to Ocala

Decided to shake the cobwebs out of Monty (err K9Haus). Picked it up from storage this morning and have finished loading all but the refrigerated stuff. We will head out tomorrow for a 4-day trip to Silver River State Park in Ocala. Made the reservations yesterday using Reserve America. Registered and booked the reservations while on hold with the State of Florida Park System.

Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Enjoy the journey and the location, Joe and Doe. We love the Ocala area. We drive the countryside just to see the beautiful horse farms that are all over that area.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:09 AM   #3
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Silver River State Park is an outstanding Florida State Park Campground! Sites are spacious and private. Great bike trails. Although there is no cable TV, we were able to pull in ABC and NBC with our roof top antenna. The Silver River is crystal clear. Dogs never came back from walks with any sand spurs or stickers. It rained hard one day and night of our visit. The water perked quickly into the sandy, limestone ground leaving very few puddles. Despite all the rain, there was no mud or clingy sand tracked into Monty by humans or pets.

I met 2 other Monty owners. One of whom is working kamping at the Park. Told her about MOC and how to find it. Told the other owner about MOC as well. He and I spent several hours chatting about our trailers. He has been full timing in his for over a year and has experienced a couple of problems: leaky shower, faulty propane bottle regulators, etc. He is a retired GM autoworker (a Mill-Right) and like Ozz a do-it-your selfer. Told him about the ton of info found here.

Next to the campground is Silver Springs, a commercial park (non-camping type) not associated with the State park. We thought that $7.00 parking fee, $30 per adult admission fee, and rental fee for wheel chair or scooter ($40) was too pricey for us and opted not to go. (Doris is still recovering from total hip replacement surgery and needs a scooter or wheel chair for any extended period of time on her feet.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:44 AM   #4
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Joe, we too liked Silver River and also brought our bikes. The fellow that is a workcamper there with the Monty helped us with a fuse for our front stabilizers. I can't remember his first name but he and his wife work there and then I think they go to CapeCod or that area in the summer. Glad you got out.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:29 AM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Joe, I am so sorry that we were out of town when you were at Silver River... We are just a few miles down the road at the Wilderness Resort and I have some free tickets to Silver Springs Park that I would have given you... It is a great park and the glass bottom boat rides are well worth the $30.00 admission... We have season tickets for $54.00 and that gets us into everything including the parking lot and all of the concerts.. I wish you could have seen it.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:02 AM   #6
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Hi Helen,

Thanks so much for the offer. Too bad we missed one another. We have visited other Florida State Parks featuring springs, so have a sense of what they have to offer. I find it amazing how deep and crystal clear they are.

We are considering taking another 3-4 day trip in March to Manatee Springs.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Joe, you're in my hometown! Enjoy it! And if you see my daddy, tell him a big 'ol howdy for me!
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote