Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2007, 09:00 AM   #1
Rainbirds
Established Member

M.O.C. #5720
Water to Toilet Blocked

I am reposting this question under it's own topic.

We have lost the water pressure when we flush our toilet. The result is the same whether we are conntected to an outside faucet, (with or without a pressure reducer), or when using the pump from our fresh water tank.

I suspect there is something blocking the line. Possible left over junk from the original installation or something that got past our water filter. (Not Likely).

There must be others who have had this problem with their toilet.
Any Suggestions?

The Rainbirds - Still on our migration between Grandkids

Rainbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Rainbirds, It is most likely junk stuck in your water valve in the toilet. I would check that first.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I just had to replace my toilet valve our last outing. It had a piece of wood that worked it's way up into the valve and stopped the flow to the point that it blew a seal.
This happened after we had our rig for three years.

You'll probably have to remove that valve just to take a look. It can be a bit of a nuisance because you have to drain all the supply lines until that is the low point or water will just keep coming and coming.
You could then have someone you trust turn on the water slowly while you have that line pointed to a bucket to see if you have flow.
Have plenty of towels handy so you don't get that woodwork wet.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #4
Rainbirds
Established Member

M.O.C. #5720
Thanks for the info.

Is the toilet valve located at the toilet?
And is it easily accessable by disconnecting the toilet from the floor?

The Rainbirds
Rainbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
The valve is on the back of the toilet on ours - just follow the water line to it. You could probably get by just removing the water line from the valve first to check the flow in the line - if that's good you know the valve is plugged.
Just unscrew the water line from the valve. Again - make sure to drain the lines first as you will open a new low point and it won't stop until it's drained.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #6
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
A friend of ours that just bought SOB had a similar problem with their shower. It seems that some plastic from trimming a line was blocking the water flow. Sometimes nothing is safe from construction debri.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:08 AM   #7
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
As said above, disconnect the water line, unbolt the toilet from the floor, and take it outside on the pucnic table or so. Valve comes off the back fairly easily. Sometimes you can blow or flush the debris out fairly easily. Reassemble and re-install. May take several tries, but I've done it before. Good luck!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:12 PM   #8
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
Rainbirds,
Don't know what brand or type of toilet you have, but we have replaced our valve once, removed and cleaned it once, and blew it out with higher pressure water hook-up once. It seems to be a common problem with debris or water deposits obstructing a small opening in the valve. Thetford sent us a new valve at no cost and I kept the old one as a spare. We did not remove the toilet to get the valve out and it did not take very long.
Good luck.
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:47 PM   #9
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Seems as though water filters would help this issue? I have a sediment filter that takes the chunks out and blue Wally World filter to finish the work. So far (knock on wood) have not had this problem.
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote