Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2004, 07:13 AM   #1
Dane
Established Member

M.O.C. #751
Annoying DVD Home Theater Player Is History

Perhaps this will be of interest to some of you that don’t care for the DVD home theater system that came with your 2004 Montana.

The only real source of annoyance we’ve had with our 2004 2955RL is the Quest Home Theater DVD player that came with our unit. As many have commented in this forum, this is not a very user-friendly piece of electronics. The owner’s manual is of little help in trying to figure out various functions, such as AM/FM. About ten weeks ago our Quest DVD player continued to put out sound, but would not produce video when playing a DVD. We took it to our dealer. He confirmed the problem and ordered us a new home theater player. When the new Quest unit came in, the eject function would not work. Our dealer told us that he has learned to check this because the eject feature doesn’t work in about half of the new Quest units he tests.

At this point I decided to spend a few bucks and take the problem into my own hands. I purchased a 150-watt (same output as the Quest) Audiovox 5.1 Home Theater at Target this week for $77 on sale. We continue to use all of our existing speakers, but I installed the new DVD player in place of the old. It took about twenty minutes. We now have excellent picture quality, better sound quality, and very good radio. To attach the unit for travel, I drilled two new screw holes, stuck two of those circular chair leg bottom pads on the base of the DVD player, and screwed into those pads.

Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We must be one of the few with no problems with our Quest. Roy recently took the TV out and checked the connections and said something or other was not connected correctly and the antenna for the radio was not connected at all. After he fixed that the sound is greatly improved as well as the picture.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 02:05 PM   #3
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Like many others we only had one trip with our 2004 2850 Montana and the DVD stopped working and had to be replaced. Have only used the unit once since then but am suspecting we will probably be replacing the unit as well. We also had to replace the system in our 2002 Cougar as it also went on the fritz. Eventually Keystone will decide to put in a descent audio-video system!!!
contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 05:21 PM   #4
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
Likewise, haven't had a problem with ours. Didn't go through all the programming that many have tried. Never in one spot for a long period of time, if someone disconnects from power source to move to a different location; the Quest system needs programming again. I simply insert a dvd, use the remove and play. Haven't had any problems.

Gary
Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 07:59 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Perhaps Keystone will get the message one of these days. Thanks for the post. Happyrving......
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:25 AM   #6
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
No problems with our so far, but I now know how to make a fix. Thanks for the updates.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote