Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2005, 02:18 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Just got home with new 335RLBS Some Questions

1. We have the 24 or 25' Television it came with. I was under the impression it was going to come thru the Overhead speakers. Ours doesn't so I suspect it was set up that way.
How do you get into the rear of the television? Through the bathroom wall.
I wonder if it can be run thru the speakers it the television can be sent to the stereo as auxilary device.
I ask as I haven't had enough time to read the manual which is stuck in my trailer and we are parker at our storage sit. It is not quite level and we were told not to run out the sliders unless it is level. Can this be done if it is a ball off level with out hurting the unit.

Another big one I pretty much have all the information from the wold through and the nite at the dealers but I still haven't located the fresh water relief valve. Is it on the entrance side of the coach. I want to dump the freshwater and only leave a few gallons in there. I normally keep that tank pretty much dry to prevent algae. We only use it for showering, washing, maybe cooking but drink bottled water.

We had several items installed and they really are nice. Both awning's over the slides are nice and the awning we have put over the bedroom door and window *' was perfect. Really is nice with both out. Wholeside is in shade.
Now need to tackle the large rear window. Haven't decided what or how I would like to do that. Suggestions welcome.

I quess I would like to know how others have treated the Television sound and also can I run my slides out if not exactly level side to side. Front to rear it is. Right now my neighbor in the strage area is on a trip and I can open them when I am there and work on the unit storing and arranging things.

Your thoughts area appreciated.

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:46 PM   #2
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Yea, Bob & Carol,

Got it Home. Bet your pretty excited.

Yes you can open slides, if it's not crazy out of level.

Fresh water tank drain, look under rear of Coach, about 3' from the bumper. See the line hanging down? Un-screw the cap and your draining it. See my up-grade list, to improve this situation.

Can't help with the TV. I had to do a self install as mine was delivered with out a TV.

Congratulations
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
You will see about three white opaque lines hanging from underneath your rig. One of them is the fresh water tank drain. It has a simple screw-on cap. I have a Montana so yours will be located differently. I get to mine from the street side of the rig. It hangs down about six to eight inches. I will leave it to the sound guys to help you with the TV question.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #4
mgdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3481
RMccord, you can take out the tv, if you have a cupboard under the tv open the doors and look up under the 1x2 oak on the 1" side and you should see screws. Mine were screwed into the bottom of the tv with 3" screws. Same for the stereo/cd player. Run some rca jacks from the tv output jacks to the stereo input jacks. When you want the sound to come out of the stereo speakers when you watch tv push aux button on the stereo front panel. Enjoy
mgdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:49 PM   #5
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Our T V has 4 screws holding it in. Have had it out a couple of times hooking up satalites.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote