Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2011, 01:41 AM   #21
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
no and no.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:33 AM   #22
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If you get rid of the truck, remember to ask for a refund on the prorated unused portion of your extended warranty. Mine came to near $480 or about 1/3 the cost. Sorry for your troubles.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:36 AM   #23
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks Stiles, good advice on something that could be easily overlooked. I appreciate it.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:51 AM   #24
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Although the process is paperwork-intensive and time-consuming, the Lemon Law can work in your favor. I have no doubt that you have every piece of documentation saved from the day you first had problems with your truck, making your job a bit easier when filing the Lemon Law paperwork and pursuing your claim. I was told repeatedly by several dealers working on my Ford vehicle that I was wasting my time with the Lemon Law and that seldom, if ever, did a customer win a claim. At one point, a dealer in Houston pulled the Good Old Boy approach on me, saying "Honey, you just need to go on home and enjoy your car because there ain't nothing it wrong with it and you ain't gonna get a new one." At that point, I'd been without my car for a total of 93 days.

The joke was on the dealer who "Honey-ed" me, however, because later that very day, I received a certified letter from Ford instructing me to go to a local Ford dealership and pick out a new car of my choice equal to the price I'd paid for my lemon, and if what I wanted wasn't on the lot, the dealer would find or order one for me. The law may have changed so that you are now also compensated for your time and trouble getting the vehicle fixed, but in the mid-80's, all I got was the new car. I was delighted just to have the ordeal over and be finished with the paperwork.

By the way, as a Southern gal, I'm not opposed to being called "honey" or "sugar," or any other Southern term of endearment, but I did NOT like the dealership manager's condesending attitude when he used that term with me. I should have thrown a good old Southern hissy fit over it right then and there, but I was so mad at him that I just wanted to get as far away from him as fast as I could. As I said, the joke was on him anyway because I did get a new car from Ford.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #25
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good story with a good outcome, glad it worked for you.
I won my Lemon law case with general Motors, we were in court and their Attorney came over and gave us what we wanted, they just waited until the last moment. The law is the law.
You know how frustrating it is, no one should have to go through it. I make my living out of my truck, when i don't have it I lose money and it is a pain in general. It doesn't matter what brand you have, they all occasionally have a hard-to find problem. Vehicles are so complicated now, the troubleshooting methods are not all-encompassing and a service person's talents are not infinite. I have contacted my Attorney to see if he is interested, if not I will speak to the 'Lemon Law Attorney Mill' They will take it.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #26
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
My son won a filed against Chrysler. He had a Dodge Stealth and it was in the shop more than he had it in a 6 month period. There were not qualms from Chrysler and the received a check, less the mileage on the car. He was happy.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #27
Crooktail
Established Member

M.O.C. #11090
Ozz,

My mom often told a story about a Studebaker that she bought well before the lemon law. She had nothing but problems with it and the dealer would/could not fix the problem. Mom painted lemons on all the windows, drove the car to the dealership on a Saturday and parked on the street in front of the show room with a sign on the car stating that she had bought this lemon from the dealership. The dealer took the car back.
Crooktail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #28
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Got it back today.
They removed the cab from the frame, right side flex joint was leaking they said. They replaced the right side flex pipe.
It is quiet now, runs super. Glad to have the old gal back.
Rides like a truck...
Old 04-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #29
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Good news.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #30
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Now you can start putting all the stuff back on it that you took off.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #31
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
NO! NO! NO! Dennis I believe I would wait just alittle while you never know!!LOL. Sorry Ozz the devil made me do it. I am very happy you got it back and hope it is fixed right. I know how I felt last week and mine is now blowing 55* air. That WILL NOT FLY!! I will pull the dryer and orfice tube myself monday and replace then pull a vac and weigh in 2lb and see what that does To it.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #32
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I think around a 30 degree drop in an auto is good. I may be wrong, don't do too many autos..
Old 04-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #33
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ozz it had a slow leak in it so I had him replace the evap coil and heater core while he was in there but I think he just put some gas back in it without pulling a vac on it. The last time I gased it about 3 yrs ago it would blow 38*to40* air it did a real good job. we will see!
Bobby
Old 04-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #34
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Boy, you got to get a good vacuum. I am working on a small freezer in the shop, I pulled a 350 Micron on it all night long, for 14 hrs. It's holding a minus 10 now, think it will be good. Only held 8 oz of R-134-A. It goes in a smoothie store.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #35
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
I agree But as soon as he got it back together he was done in a short time a hr or so. he does good work but when he is in a rush I am not sure he had time. As the fan speed is cut down the coil temp will rise very quick. that normally means it is low on gas. on low speed it will blow 44* air. I will know In a few days.
Bobby