Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
** What A Day! **

I was reading the thread Bingo started
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=28849
about fuzzy math. It kind of reminded me of the day I had today which included a lot of math as well.

It started out when the alarm went off at 6:00a.m. My daughter was to have surgery on her arm today for carpel tunnel. We drove her to the hospital for OP surgery which is about 30 miles. She is also doing fine! On the way home the wife and I started discussing a new toy and we thought about getting it for the Monty. After we got home we started looking for this toy and found it at Camping World. We decided we wanted it so we tried to buy it through the internet but to be able to use it by the time of the rally; the math just didn’t work out very well with it taking up to 7 – 10 business days for delivery. So CW located one of those toys in Greenwood, IN; probably the closest CW to us anyway. I left on a whim from the house today at 2:00 p.m. by myself; I made 1 stop to help make the oil companies get a little wealthier then I moved on. I had to get there before the store closed at 7:00p.m. (math again) I continued driving straight to Greenwood IN. That is about 225 miles +/- a few miles.

As I was driving from the outer belt of 275 at Cincinnati getting on to 74W I drove underneath an overpass which had been closed (74 E) because a crane somehow had knocked down some of the concrete pillars and the concrete rafter support had fell on top of the crane. Didn’t have time to get the camera and take a picture but I wish I had. I hit the outer belt of Indianapolis at rush hour; the traffic was at a crawl. It was right at 6:00 p.m. (math again) still had about 10 miles to go but looking pretty good.

I got to the store somewhere about 6:15 with plenty of time to spare. They had the item waiting on me on their front porch like a good neighbor. It would have cost us about $139.00 to have had it shipped to us. The cost of gas put me in the hole about $36.00 (math again) where I spent $175.00 for the round trip.

With all of that, I actually had a very enjoyable drive out there and back. I listened to a lot of good music. It really didn’t seem like it took me 8 & half hours but that’s about how long I was gone. It was a total of about 450 miles all together. I Didn’t get sleepy but I did get a little tired.

Well time has rolled over into another day. Why did I stay up? Well, so I can write this and I have to go out on night shift tomorrow night so if I stay up all night it will be a good thing for me. I doubt that I will last very long but we'll see!

Now do you want to know what the toy is?

Huh?

Ok,

Too bad I’m not telling,

just kidding!

We bought a washer/ dryer vent less combo for the Monty.
I doubt we will ever justify it but it sure will be a lot nicer when we get out and need to use it! OBTW, it was on sale to top everything else off we saved the better part of the cost to pay for an extended warrantee for 2 years!

Hope I didn’t bore you all too bad!
Have a nice day!

On Edit: The unit we bought was the 2100XC.

On Edit: 06/16/08 the movie clip is no longer valid so I removed it.

In the story I stated it was a crane, however it wasn't it was a locomotive being transported that came off of a trailer.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Sounds like you are a happy camper!! I trust you realize that you are putting Donna into the same class as Cathy. When she gets used to the luxury?? of that Splendide, there goes your camping where there are not full hook-ups. Not sure how yours will drain but ours does not even go to a gray or black tank so it cannot be used without sewer unless a person wanted to constantly use and dump tote tanks. Congratulations,
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:58 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Congratulations. Glad you were able to do it. Enjoy.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:25 AM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I have the ventless combo and love it--with reservations. I've learned that if I'm not careful, everything dries with nearly permanent wrinkles, even when using cold water and the gentle spin cycle. And if I let the laundry pile up (What--me? Never! ), it's far easier to go to town to the one yukky laundromat we have. I say "yukky" because even though my friend who owns it spends her days scrubbing the place and the machines, every ranch hand within 100 miles hits it once a week to wash the goat/lamb/cow/horse whatever off his work clothes. (That's why I first run the machines I'm going to use with bleach, soap, and nothing else, and THEN wash my stuff.)

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
I tried to install the washer today and my drain line has a plug in it. I thought I was going to break the line trying to get it out so then I had to try using a back up wrench. Do you suppose someone has glued that plug into the drain? Shirley no one would do such a thing as that.

I might have to just simply cut the line below the plug to be able to use the drain.