Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2009, 03:31 AM   #1
Amps
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3430
Hot water - hardly any water pressure

Having a problem with the water heater. Most times the water pressure is very low as in almost no pressure at all.
I flushed the tank and still not getting much pressure.
When using the by-pass valve I get full pressure so no blockage in the line.
Any ideas, solutions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Amps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:14 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Check valve in tank outlet is probably bad. Might search that. Seems OZZ put some pictures on a thread when his failed.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Agree, probably the outlet check valve. Since units vary greatly on the location of the HWH, you may have to check around to see how easy or difficult it is to get at. Mine is under the kitchen sink and not too bad to get at if you can stand on your head! I carry a spare one, and a long reach 1" socket to remove it. Again, they may not all be the same, so check yours out first. It may just be scale in the valve, but the plastic internal parts are prone to breaking. You may be able to find an all brass one.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote