Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Water under floor, above belly pan

I remember seeing several posts about having water run out when loosening the belly pan. Figured I should tell everyone what happened a week ago. We drove through a really heavy rainstorm - probably over an inch or two in a bit over an hour. After getting out of it, I had to use the loo and pulled over on a steeply graded shoulder (wasn't any where else close). When I walked around the front of our truck, I saw really heavy water run off from the edge of the pan. This wasn't just a dribble, it was running out from the front to after the steps and streaming. I'm certain it was from rain getting in and not from a tank leaking, so I'd say that just because you find water there, don't go overboard thinking there's a tank leak.

Now, since I was planning on taking the pan off to see what kind of insulation I've REALLY got, I can figure out how to keep that rain water out as well.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If you're talking about the front storage look at your floor on the curb side. Ours has cutouts there for a generator to be installed and I put a rubber floor mat over it to keep water out.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
I'm talking about the entire belly pan. The front compartment does have cut outs, but this is after that.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
Just returned from dealer for several repairs and some routine maintenance items. I asked them to check how water collects on the black bottom covering around the fresh water tank. I noticed water leaking there while backing into parking pad next to my s & b home on the last trip. Backing to the pad there is a spot that leans to the driver's side. The last time backing in at home water ran out at the back close to the fresh water drain. There was no water in the fresh water tank. I pushed up on the black bottom covering and water would run out the sides. Well, dealer said they couldn't find anything and it wasn't the fresh water tank. They think it is rain water. It was raining on my return home on the earlier trip. Upon arriving home from the dealer today, as I was backing in leaked again in the same area. It did rain on the way to the dealer yesterday. I need to remove the black bottom covering and see if I can see anything that may cause this leak.

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
navybanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #5
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Those belly pans are far from watertight particulary when driving in the rain with all that water splashing up from the road.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote