Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2017, 08:59 PM   #1
RMEF

M.O.C. #20024
Tank Fill Power Fresh Question

We have a new 2017 Montana High Country 380 TH. We're heading to Coeur d Alene this Friday for our first trip. I can't seem to find instructions on how to operate flushing the black water tank. There is a valve labeled "Tank Fill Power Flush" the knob is in the "Normal Flow" position. The other position is labeled "Fill". How do I use this control valve? Thanks in advance for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1984.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	333  

RMEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:04 AM   #2
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
That lever (It says "Tank Fill Power Fresh" not flush), only controls your fresh water, it has absolutely nothing to do with your black tank flush..

When the lever is in the horizontal "Normal Flow" position as shown in your photo, fresh water (from the hose that is connected to a faucet to your "City Water Connection" the middle one in the convenience center), is directed to the 5er's plumbing system, sink faucets, shower, toilet, etc...

When you turn the knob to the vertical "Fill" position, the city water supply fills your fresh water tank. Watch your tank gauges carefully when when using this, and turn it off when the indicator light says the fresh tank is full. If you forget to turn it off, you can rupture your fresh water tank with too much pressure.

To flush your black tank, connect a hose that you don't use for potable water, a grey water hose, to the bottom connection that is directly under the "City Water Supply" connection. Just turn on the water faucet after you have opened the black tank dump valve, and the black tank flush does it's thing. If you then close the dump valve and use the flush connection to fill the black tank up a bit after your initial dump to get a little better flush, don't let it fill up the black tank too much, or forget it, because you can rupture the black tank that way too, or blow poo water out of the roof vent.

Did you ever see that movie with Robin Williams called "RV"?
https://youtu.be/uHgRmR024BE
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:39 AM   #3
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
You do know about the handle for the galley tank drain?
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
mjammersc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17609
Also it looks like your valves are currently set to winterize your system, hot water heater bypass on and winterize on.

mjammersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
Originally Posted by prndl View Post
You do know about the handle for the galley tank drain?
What he means is that the drain for your galley tank will be located in front of the tires on that side of the rig either coming thru the frame or out of the bottom of your rig depending on age and model. Your galley tank will not drain when you pull the gray lever in the convienence center.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #6
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjammersc View Post
Also it looks like your valves are currently set to winterize your system, hot water heater bypass on and winterize on.
Yes, those two knobs should be in the vertical position for normal camping operation.

In other words:

"Water Heater By-pass" to off position
"Winterize" to off position
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:50 PM   #7
Evergreen
Established Member

M.O.C. #20274
To PRDNL, MJammersc, DQDick and Overloard: thanks for the advice regarding the Power Flush question. I just became a member and as usual I could remember the password to get back in to respond to you. I attempted the process to reset my password however I never received the email to reset. I am sure its something I did but after several attempts to straighten this out I gave up. I created a brand new user as Evergreen. Thanks again for your advice. we just returned from a 10 day trip to Coeur D Alene ID. Everything worked great.
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote