Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2008, 03:54 AM   #1
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
New Shower head

I haven't done an improvement this year till I replaced the shower head this past month.
The original one had some issues that it needed to be replace, we stopped in a Camping World and we bought one, looked nicer, had an easier shutoff that really shutoff the water. The head is bigger than the old one, didn't cost but $14 plus change. It is worth the money.
Mama is happy, life is good.

rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #2
krtam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7840
That was one of the first things we did after picking up our Montana and yes I am happy.

Sharon
krtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
The ones that shut off completely sometimes recirculate the water back through the hot water tank. When you turn them on you get that burst of cold water back out the shower head. The opposite can happen in the stick house and you can get a burst of scalding water. It may be better to have that little drip, like the Oxygenics shower head does.

Just a thought!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
So far I haven't had that problem. Their is no way for water to recirculate through the showerhead. The shutoff is the same as any shutoff, if any water is going to recirculate you need a faucet open somewhere.
I didn't like the water dripping, it was only cold water that was dripping.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
I went to Lowe's and bought a shut off valve,works great.No drip but I do get a rush of cold water when I turn it back on.
When I ordered it from CW I also ordered the holder that fits it,because of the shutoff valve it now doesn't fit the new holder.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Jack,
I know it may be a slight inconvenience, but could you put the shut off valve at the point where the hose comes out of the faucet? It would serve the same purpose, and you would get exercise bending over to shut it off and turn it on.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #7
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Wayne,you have to understand I am a 265 lb. man. If I have to bend over to shut the water off I may not make it back up. LOL!
The head fits loosely in the stock holder while I shower, when we travel I just lay the shower head on the floor.No biggie!
Jack
Old 09-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Jack,
Just purchased and installed shower head using the same braket you used from CW. I have tightened the nut on the holder as tight as possible however the weight of the head keeps pulling it down (albiet slowly). Is this your experience?

Also, did you use the long tile screws that came with the bracket?

Thanks

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Fire man,

I've bought and Ebayed over 3 shower heads, but the one I kept I believe is the same one you have! It's white (disappointing compared to the ivory or bone color of the hardware) but it has the shutoff and bigger head and is the perfect resolution for me. I love it.

It sure as heck doesn't recirculate anything. When its off, no water moves.

As far as the oxygenator - I just use oxygen in the shower instead .
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #10
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Yes Ken,thats exactly what happen to me. I tried to use the stick on and of course the weight of the shower head pulled it down. The head wouldn't fit after I installed the shut off valve,so I just stick it in the original holder. When we hit the road I just lay the shower head on the floor.
Jack
Old 09-13-2008, 02:30 AM   #11
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We bought the Oxygenics head and it fits in the original hangar perfectly, we ran the hose outside the middle hangar so we could lay it down while travelling and to use the hose in its entirety. We also added a shutoff valve we got from Lowes and it shuts down all but a small stream which does get cold. We are just happy to shower in our rig and not have to use the local showers.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #12
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
I am still happy with the shower head. No problems whatsoever. Worth all the money and used the same holder as the old one.