Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2017, 06:53 PM   #1
milsutter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17499
Send a message via AIM to milsutter Send a message via MSN to milsutter Send a message via Yahoo to milsutter
Bathroom door on 379oRD

We have a 2017 3790RD and are having trouble with the bathroom door out of adjustment. It is the new slide style door, and it wont latch. Had it adjusted in AZ in March, out of adjustment again now. Anyone else having the same trouble?
We are full time and won't have a chance to get it into a dealer for about a month.

milsutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #2
ExPatNW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10319
Have the same unit as you - but we are not full time and have only been away once so far. Only issue with the door is it was a little noisy at night. Hope you get the problem resolved soon.
ExPatNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:58 AM   #3
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
You probably know as much or more than any dealer about adjusting the door. Examine it and collect the needed tool(s) and go for it. Can't be that difficult.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:38 AM   #4
Butch & Kathy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18980
Check to see if your threads on the bolt or metal piece are stripped. I just had mine repaired under warranty hoping they made a design change. There is a bolt that is threaded into a metal piece with rollers. The metal piece with rollers and bolt hold the entire weight of the door. The problem with mine was the threads in the metal piece failed and needed replacement. Check for that.

There is an inherent flaw with the set up. The bolt make a quarter turn in the threads of the metal piece every time the door is open/closed. With the entire weight of the door on the threads I suspect mine will fail again.
Butch & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:45 PM   #5
h2ojocky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13025
Check this out and see if yours is similar.
h2ojocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:49 AM   #6
milsutter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17499
Send a message via AIM to milsutter Send a message via MSN to milsutter Send a message via Yahoo to milsutter
It looks like the threads on the bolt are stripped. Hopefully, Camping World in Springfield, MO can fix it.
milsutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #7
Marie Goode

M.O.C. #19216
Send a message via AIM to Marie Goode
Bathroom Door Opens In

For those who have only one door into the bathroom, please heed some personal advice from me. We have a 2015 Model: 3610. Our bathroom door opens "in".
On Easter Sunday, my husband collapsed in the bathroom as a result of a stroke. He blocked the door and with much difficulty, I was able to squeeze in.
Please consider re-hanging your door to open out.
Marie Goode is offline   Reply With Quote