Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2023, 08:02 PM   #1
LadyBeeRanch

M.O.C. #32279
Very little water when toilet flushed.

I am not getting very much water when I try to flush toilet and pump is not coming on. I have plenty of pressure and water flow at sink and shower and pump comes on when I turn faucet on. This problem just started today. Any advice will be welcome.

LadyBeeRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:32 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Giant guessing game!! Would really be nice to know the model and year of the rig. Also would really be nice to know the brand and model of the toilet.
We did have the water flow issue with our toilet a few years ago and it turned out that the water valve did not have the screws installed at the factory and the valve had drifted out from the back of it's normal position. I had almost ordered a new valve when I noticed it wasn't in it's normal position. Two small sheet metal screws installed that pulled the valve back into position and the problem was resolved. Our toilet is the Dometic 310 model, not the original one that came in the rig.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 06:27 AM   #3
LadyBeeRanch

M.O.C. #32279
Sorry about that rookie mistake. It is a 2018 Montana Legacy 3021 rl and the toilet has been working perfect just started this issue last couple of weeks. Everything seems to be working except that only a very small amount of water is coming out when flushed. It acts like it may be partly clogged or water flow restricted. I am not sure where to start looking for clog. How do you take the small defuser or sprayer out in toilet bowl? I thought to start there and work my way back to pump or to the problem issue whichever comes first. Not sure of make of toilet
LadyBeeRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:16 AM   #4
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
If this is a Dometic toilet then on the backside of the toilet of the foot pedal is the water valve for the toilet.. turn off the city water and open press foot pedal to bleed water pressure..

Remove the incoming water line to the toilet valve and clean out the small mesh screen inside the water valve..reinstall water line and check for leaks and see if toilet now has good water flow.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:59 PM   #5
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Wow - I didn't even know that there was a screen there! If I remember half of what I've learned here, I'll be certifiably dangerous.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 12:21 PM   #6
Bladescb
Established Member

M.O.C. #29195
Are you hooked up to city water or dry camping? Trying to figure out why your pump comes on!

2016 Montana 3710FL
2018 Ford F350 SRW
Bladescb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 09:13 PM   #7
Reset19
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23160
I am experiencing the same issue. I have started looking into it. We have a Thetford Aqua Magic Series II. I found this out by using my phone to get a picture of the label on the back of the toilet base near the floor. There is quite a bit of information once you know the model to search for.