Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2023, 12:03 PM   #21
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjblocker View Post
.... And the factory installed TPMS system has never worked. Yes, it has a booster which was installed by the factory. ....
The "factory" likely did not install the TPMS system, it came with the wheels and tires from Tredit. I believe you have the internal TPMS monitors supplied by Pressure Pro. My friend has these on his new RV. They never worked. They sent him a second repeater to help with the loss of signal. Finally they sent him external monitors which fixed the problem. Pressure Pro is a good vendor and easy to work with. Call them and tell them your story.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 01:31 PM   #22
tjblocker
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23122
Update from OP. Today I received a phone call from Keystone and they've assigned me a tech to help me address the issues. I don't know what they are going to fix, but I've reason to hope. I think they are going to at least fix the molding. I now have to find a dealer.
B&W puck system hitch
tjblocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 02:08 PM   #23
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Update from OP. Today I received a phone call from Keystone and they've assigned me a tech to help me address the issues. I don't know what they are going to fix, but I've reason to hope. I think they are going to at least fix the molding. I now have to find a dealer.
Fixing the moldings took me about 30 minutes. Just replaced the staples with dark wood screws. Not worth finding a dealer for.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 01:40 PM   #24
Wendi
Established Member

M.O.C. #22279
Quote:
Our dog is going to survive. yea!!
That is good news! Thank goodness!
Wendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 01:44 PM   #25
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
So sorry about your problems... Especially your family member dog... Hope the little one is okay.. We have owned Skyline Aljo's.. I think 2, we have owned Fleetwood Prowlers, A KZ NEW VISION ULTRA... This is our first Thor Product.The big slide has broken 3 times..We have spent more than 5000 in repairs.. the small cable slide has been fixed tow times.. The Left hand rear axle bolts have broken on a trip. The shower door handle cannot be fixed.. they tried a glue gun on glass and that did not work.. Our Norcold got in a rain storm and the factory wanted us to drive 400 miles to get it fixed when all they had to say is try a magnet to the electronic box... Our thetford never held water, it would constantly drain the water out... Finally replaced with a domestic..Our led lights went out and the factory only told me to take it to my dealer as they refused to tell where I can order one..The plastic molding that hides the screws between the roof and the siding disintegrated in less than a year.. Or Black water tank EXPLODED in a very nice park in Coure D Alene...The trim molding I had to fix but this is not a big deal.. the tires got eaten like a kid in a candy store... Had blow outs too on all 4... The cieling fan bolts came out letting the blades fall to the floor... Anyway, we still have it because the wife loves it... I removed the wet bolts in favor of standard ones... Good Luck to you and take care of your fur baby... they sure make our lives better.... Ours is a 2015....
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 01:59 PM   #26
DaveK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23470
I have a 2019 Monty. While I haven't had these problems, it has been a pain in the butt. The few warranty issues were either fixed poorly or not at all (5 1/2 months). I've had two slide cables break. They Key TV hookup has never worked for satellite. I had water damage on the roof ($2,800), I guess my fault despite spending hours on the roof. I have zero confidence in the slides. I was thinking of downsizing but decided to quit RVing altogether if I can get a couple more trips out of this one. Tired of hassle and wasting money.
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 04:14 PM   #27
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
About 15 months ago my wife and I purchased a new 3231CK. My wife and I have come to hate the lack of quality control in this unit. Is is truly a piece of crap.

Here's some of the problems we had. No 11 is especially troubling. I'm currently waiting on a call from the vet to tell me if our dog is going to survive the latest monty failure/surprise.

1) Living room slide floor came detached from the slide out and destroyed the floor. Repaired under warranty.
2) Replaced living room flooring. Also repaired under warranty
3) Bedroom slide out came off the rollers destroying the floor. The floor and the slide out were repaired under warranty. I expected to be blamed for this but wasn't.

4) Several of the wet bolts were clogged and wouldn’t take grease. All 14 wet bolts were replaced under warranty
5) four of the day/night shade broke and wouldn’t roll up. These were replaced under warranty. Another blind came detached and feel to the couch. It pulled the screws out. I will have to fix this one.Too late for warranty.

6) Oven door won’t close completely. Using the oven makes the house very very hot. Not covered under warranty. I was blamed though I know I didn’t damage it.The only repair is to replace range.

7) Bedroom head of the bed outlets don’t work. I didn’t discover this until it was too late
8) My Norcold 2118 is a piece of crap. When 100 degrees outside the fridge would be 50 degrees and freezer would be over 20. I researched and found lots of people with the same complaints. That cooling unit was never going to work so I upgraded to a JC Refrigeration 12 volt vapor compression compressors. This worked perfectly but it costs several thousand
9) The original drum brakes just barely worked. They couldn't lock a wheel on gravel. I complained but was told to burnish them. I did so many many times but it made no difference. Wanting better braking I upgraded to disc brakes. Once again, several 1000 dollars.

10) The light under the kitchen sink never goes out. This is still a problem that I keep putting off

11) This morning 3 sections of the molding around the living room came detached and fell to the floor. One section landed on our 5lb chihuahua causing a bleeding head wound. We don’t know if she will survive, but she’s at the hospital for at least the night. I’m not confident she will survive. Her eyes were crazy dilated. She can’t stand and we struggled to keep her awake. I don't think anyone was home when we spoke to her.

12) Handles on the shower door came off. The set screw hole is broken so it can’t be fixed. I have to get a new handle
13) The trailer came with a TPMS, but I couldn’t get signals on two tires. I purchased a booster only to discover that a booster is already installed. The TPMS will probably never work, but I sure paid for it.
14) We have a love seat but one of the seats won’t stay connected to the center console. One chair moves all over the place and I’m always pulling it away from the wall. These chairs wear out quickly. The material comes delaminated.

This next one was my fault, but I did have the help of the trailer’s leveling system. If you push auto level the first thing that is done is the nose is lowered as far as possible. This seemingly needless step is always a surprise. I once accidentally parked the truck too close to the trailer and the front cap came down on the bed rail corner and broke the front cap. I’m sure this will cost 1000s to fix. As a software engineer I always prescribed to the idea of "The Principle of least astonishment". Seeing the trailer lowered to the ground is a surprise.

I paid 90k cash for this very loaded fiver and it is a total piece of **** that’s not under warranty any longer. Oh how we wish we had bought another Arctic Fox. We got burned. Never again

I’m sure this isn’t all.

Keystone needs to think about assembling a team that knows something about quality control.

p { line-height: 115%; margin-bottom: 0.1in; background: transparent }
Sorry to hear about all the problems and glad to hear the pup will be ok. I have a 2018 High Country bunk house with some of your same issues but not as many. My living room slide moulding also came crashing down. I fixed some broken pieces and put back using some brad nails and a gun. God help me if I ever have to take it down. I also have cable slides and had a cable break. This is not an uncommon issue. Having the cable aligned properly is key! Also regular cable inspections are a must. Proactive maintenance and inspections will make a world of difference. As others have stated your DEALER is everything. Good dealers, sadly, are hard to find. Fortunately for me I have found one. Lol, unfortunately, they are not cheap. They have messed up a few repairs but thankfully they made it right as soon as I brought it to their attention. They also did a couple mods I had asked about for free as a way to make up for their mistake. Everyone makes mistakes . Its how you handle them that makes customers for life because you know they will make it right. As far as appliances, dealing directly with those manufacturers is the way to go. Fortunately I have had good customer service experiences with them. By the time you have all your issues fixed, you hopefully will the 5er you wanted. Your JC Refrigeration cooling replacement will be by far the best thing for your refrigerator needs. I also did the same thing. Best money I spent for my fridge needs. I now have ice cold beer and rock hard ice cream. In 100+ degree heat!. Unless there are chronic major issues, it would not make sense to get rid of it at that point. You have already fixed the major issues. Glad you were able to have the major issues fixed under warranty. You will probably have minor issues down the road that most people can fix themselves . Our 5ers are traveling down roads experiencing earthquake like vibrations at hurricane force winds. Crap is bound to happen. Look hard for a good Dealer. It will make your life so much easier. CW in my experience is NOT one of them. Search for answers on this forum. A lot of issues and fixes are already here. If not, lots of folks to point you in the right direction for answers. Hope things improve soon. Happy Camping!!!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 04:29 PM   #28
cgeis48
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9174
As loyal Montana Fifth Wheel customers since 2000, we are deeply disappointed by the recent decline in the quality of their products and the poor customer service we have received. We have witnessed this decline firsthand with our 2022 Montana Legacy, which has had numerous manufacturing defects from the start, including a sagging recliner/dinette slide ceiling. Many other issues include malfunctions and incomplete fit and finish throughout the RV. Despite contacting Keystone Customer Service, we were instructed on how to repair the sagging ceiling using a tech and ourselves. This speaks volumes about their lack of quality control and customer service. You all know the story.
Rather than to be ignored we should be made whole.

We are at the end of our patience and burned out on repairing manufacturing defects. We paid a premium price for our Legacy, but we cannot sell it or trade it in without full disclosure of its defects. Additionally, Keystone Customer Service does not respond to our questions or concerns, which has added to our frustration, and anxiety.

We are now preparing documentation, including communications and photos sent to Keystone, to take legal action against Keystone. We are searching for an attorney who is willing to represent us, and we are open to filing a class action lawsuit on behalf of other Montana Fifth Wheel owners who have experienced similar problems.

We are serious and determined to hold Keystone accountable for its defective products and poor customer service.
cgeis48 is offline   Reply With Quote