Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2004, 09:42 AM   #1
Starchmill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2070
Send a message via AIM to Starchmill
Best fit television for 335 RLBS?

Hey guys, can anyone tell me what television you bought for your 335 that fits well into the given compartment in the living room? I know it says it takes a 24 inch but I'm just wondering if anyone has come across a TV that fits exceptionally well into that space. Also, how do you secure it... is there straps from the factory or do you need to invent a little something on your own. Thanks!

Starchmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 11:35 AM   #2
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Hey Starchmill,
We bought a 24" Toshiba Flat Screen Mod. 24AF43. Love it. We had to open up the TV compartment on the width to get it in. I think they have made the opening wider on the new models. If you need to open yours up its a piece of cake. You just carefully remove the front panneling from the inside of the compartment, remove the screws from the two uprights slide them to the desired width re-screw uprights. Cut panneling to new width, hacksaw blade works great, re-attach panels using small tacks or nails.

I also had to relocate the Ant. booster to upper shelf. On mine they put the Booster inside the TV compartment. When the TV was in place we couldn't get at it to turn on & off. You can't leave them on as that affects cable. Hopefully Mountaineer has fixed this design problem on yours.

The issue we wrestled with the most, was the depth of the compartment. The TV we got is against the back wall and is almost flush with the front. We just use two mirror clips screwed to the front edge of compartment to hold in place. Everthing in your Trailer will want to move forward. In this case thats a good thing.

We wound up with about 1 1/2" to 2" opening at top of compartment, which is perfect for ventilation. Need to get that heat out.

Another thing I recently discovered was the Thermostat which is located on the other side of the TV comp. wall is being affected by the TV. The TV does a great job of heating up this wall affecting the operation of the Thermostat. I removed TV and fit 1" styrofoam to this side of TV compartment and while I was at it I also fit a piece to same wall in the Hot water compartment which is accessable right below Stereo.

Do a search for "Mountaineer Improvements" and you'll find some other neat improvements for your new RLBS.

Enjoy your new RLBS and Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 11:36 AM   #3
Montana_593
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #593
I have a 20" flat screen in my 315RLS. It doesn't totally fill the space but it's a pretty good fit. I believe the ent center is same in my unit as yours and that was the biggest tv I found to fit the opening. I bought the tv tye downs from camping world. They are sized for the weight of the tv and work pretty good. In fact I bought another set for the dvd/vhs player.

Hope you enjoy your new tt.

Good Luck
Montana_593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 03:29 PM   #4
Starchmill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2070
Send a message via AIM to Starchmill
Azstar, Thanks so much for that detailed info. I'll certainly check for that thermostat issue before I get my TV all set up in there. Great tip!
Starchmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Starchmill

Hey guys, can anyone tell me what television you bought for your 335 that fits well into the given compartment in the living room? I know it says it takes a 24 inch but I'm just wondering if anyone has come across a TV that fits exceptionally well into that space. Also, how do you secure it... is there straps from the factory or do you need to invent a little something on your own. Thanks!
We found the KLH referenced in this thread to work well for us both from a cost and quality perspective.
http://www.forumco.com/montanaadmini...earchTerms=klh
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 05:49 PM   #6
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We have a 20" Advent flat screen. If I had it to do over again I would get a 24" and make AZSTARs modifications. Here is a link to the straps I made to use while traveling.

http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre.../tvstraps.html

fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 08:35 AM   #7
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Starchmill - finding one that will fit without some basic carpentery is a trick. We too ended up with some space around the top and sides, but it does add to ventilation. It also gives some room on the side of the TV to get to your antenna booster if you go with a smaller unit. I also have a satillete hook up that the dealer installed and it comes in on that same side so a smaller TV does have its advantages.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Starchmill

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote