Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2006, 06:53 AM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Ice maker question

After reading a thread about these neat toys I ran out and got one. My question is how long do you have to let the unit sit (to allow the refregerant to settle) after you arrive in a CG? I want my ice now!! Maybe have to just go for a cold beer.

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:06 AM   #2
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
So...I have a question regarding these ice-makers. First, how much water does it hold and how much ice does one "filling" make? Also, if you make the first batch of ice and re-fill, will it hold the next batch or do you have to empty first? Trying to see if this would be beneficial to us too. We usually go thru about 10-14 bags of ice in a weekend...typically they are like 7lb bags I think. Of course, depends on how many coolers and how hot, but it would be handy to not have to run to the store a couple times a day.
CampingCrazyShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:59 AM   #3
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
My ice maker holds about a gallon of water or so. It cranks out about 12 icecubes every 7 minutes. There is a basket that catches the cubes and holds qbout 72 cubes. Basket fills up before the the water runs out, and when basket is full the ice maker stops making cubes til basket is empty. Supposedly makes 35 lbs per day. I haven't ever really paid to much attention to quantity as it seems to work fine. I turn it on first thing in the morning and start throwing ice in the cooler, so by noon I am in good shape for sitting around the campfire.
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:02 AM   #4
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Toni and Dick, they say to let the icemeaker sit for about 30 minutes after moving it. I normally get mine ready to go, add water and plug it in on the kitchen counter, then unhitch and setup, and by then I turn on the icemaker and after about 15 minutes we are cranking out the cubes on a regular basis.

rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
rrheik thanks for your reply. Ours is in the basement. I have 110 down there. DW wants more room in the little freezer that had to supply a lot of ice. No other movement other than travel. Next week will try it out on the road.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote