Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Life is Strange-Remember to say I Love You

Tonight we celebrated my Mother's 88th birthday. She is still very sharp, lives alone, with a little help, but in tremendous pain from arthritis. At the same time we reflected on the death in Ed's family of a person only 70 who had been in very good health and very active until about 18 months ago. One never knows when it will be their time. The last time I talked to my sister before her death, we were both yaking away and then had to cut the call short for one of the kids. I didn't tell her I loved her - she knew I did but it has always bothered me. She died 4 days later. My family now makes a habit of always saying I love you at the end of a visit or phone call. Ed's brother and sister-in-law had been married over 40 years yet never showed any affection or had kind words for each other or about each other. Tonight I bet Fred (Ed's brother) wishes he hadn't said some of the things he did and said I love you more. So everyone remember to say I Love You.
Happy trails......................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Thank you for a great reminder. Julie
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Very important words, Sue. Thanks for sharing. We lost a very, very important member of our family a few years ago and fortunately we had developed this same habit, therefore, no regrets.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:39 PM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Sue,

You are so right!! Life is unpredictable so always treat others as if it will be your last visit. Some day it will!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:16 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Sue, those are very profound words. Thanks..
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:19 PM   #6
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
A short sentance with Great Great power
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:55 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
My brother just completed his and my father-in-law is in the process of getting some serious chemotherapy for lymphoma. At one point it didn't look at all good for either but they both seem to be improving everyday. As we all know, there is no guarantee the cancer will not return and take them from us. I call my brother at least once a week and Lorraine calls her Dad daily and we end every phone call with I Love You. That same sentiment is also spoken with all other family members that we are in contact with. You just never know when God will need another Angel.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:41 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Glenn, we're glad to hear that your loved ones are getting good reports and hope they continue to improve.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:56 AM   #9
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We know how precious time is. We are watching my mother (83) suffer the cruel deterioration in her memory from Alzheimer's. She has always been very healthy and active and very independent. We don't know when her memory of any of us will disappear. Each visit with her when she can converse with us and remember who we are is a blessing and we try very hard to make them good visits. Saying "I love you" is very important, SHOWING it is far more important. Spending the time to visit means a lot more than words. We are often told by the caretakers where my mother lives that she is so fortunate to have visitors. So many are ignored by the family as they lose their ability to communicate, yet we see these people at every one of our visits and they respond to us with smiles, and when we take the grandchildren along their response to them is a delight to watch.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:57 PM   #10
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
This is wonderful advice that we often forget in the hustle and bustle of our lives. Just slowing down long enough to tell someone that we love them or appreciate them just might make all of the difference in a day! My uncle in Florida is undergoing chemo right now and whenever I write, I remind him how much I think of him.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote