Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2003, 06:47 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Tekonsha Prodigy Update on False Open Ground Code

Our Prodigy is one of the earlier ones. I recently moved it from a '99 Ford F350 gasser to an '03 Ford F350 Diesel. Right away it started flashing a code that translates to it having an Open Ground. It's worded to the effect that trailer is attached and battery ground was lost. But this code comes up even when not hooked to the trailer. I redid the ground conections, tore out a little hair, etc., I thought I had it fixed but the code flashing was sporadic so I wasn't positive. Today we started towing and while going down the road it flashed the code and continued to do so every minute or so. Braking was fine and we were going just 80 miles so we continued.

Got on the tekonsha site today (www.tekonsha.com). On that site is a tech bulletin addressing this exact problem. Tekonsha is offering a software update to resolve this problem. Seems there are three situations where this code can flash. The one that matches my problem says something about battery spikes sending the same conditions the Prodigy uses to determine open ground. So if any of you experience this problem you might want to check it out.

Steve and Vicki Reigle
'03 F350 SC SB SRW 6.0L PSD Auto tranny; '03 3295RK

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote