Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Mountaineer - Washer/Dryer and LCD TV

As we are planning to fulltime in the future and campground host already, Debbie wanted a Washer and Dryer for convenience. After a lot of measuring we decided to install the Washer/Dryer in the entertainment area with the machine facing into the bathroom. This involved removing the current TV and replacing it with a flat panel LCD model on the wall of the revised entertainment area. Here is a link with pictures of the project.

http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...d_tv_inst.html

fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 06:19 PM   #2
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Looks really nice.A job well done.Congrats on the nice up-grade.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 12:43 AM   #3
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Very impressive. What did you end up using for a stereo system. Looks like the old one was taken out.
mazeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:23 AM   #4
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
WOW !! I watch your upgrades with great interest, since your "rig" is similar to ours. My entertainment center is different than yours, but it sure makes one think !! I guess by forking over the big $$$ for a flat panel tv to hang on a wall, the entire entertainment center becomes optional and could be completely redone for different uses !!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 06:50 AM   #5
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Thanks for the nice comments.

Mazeef - the flat panel TV has speakers that are adequate for TV viewing. I'm trying to decide what to do about a "home theatre" type system. If things work out for fulltiming soon, I may just install my Bose 321 system in the coach. If not, I'll probably go with a less expensive receiver/amp and put it in the shelf area with the DVD and SAT receiver.

VanMan - I was fortunate that the W/D was free because a couple wanted to free up the space in their RV so it left me with some extra $$$ to spend on a LCD TV. Also, the price of LCD TV's is dropping rapidly. I got this 20" Sylvania LCD TV from buy.com at a really good price and I was also able to sale the existing TV to a friend at a good price, so my out of pocket was low.

Taking the TV out of the entertainment center does free up some valuable real estate in your RV. We are planning to do the same thing with a flat panel in the bedroom so that cabinet space can be used for storage as well.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:18 PM   #6
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Again Lamar,

Great install. Did you move the Thermostat? I had to insulate the wall between the TV and the Therm. I'm thinking the heat from the W/D is going to drive the Therm. crazy if it's not moved or insulated.

Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:01 PM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Steve,

There is a double wall between the W/D and the thermostat. If it seems to be a problem I have a removable panel inside the W/D compartment which will allow me to insert some foam insulation. I have run the W/D through two cycles and it doesn't seem to be generating alot of external heat. Guess we'll wait and see.