Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
Guvner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10832
Replacement of gasket on main slider at top.

Mine has a tear in it. I have a 2000 Montana. Does anyone know the gasket and where to get it? How much trouble are they to put in? This is the black wiping type of gasket and not the white sealer on the inside of the slide.

Thanks... Gary

Guvner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:27 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I assume you're talking about the black seal around the slides. I also have a 2000 and just this winter had the seals replaced on the top of all three slides. The reason I had them replaced was they were torn loose from their mounting. I didn't do the job because it is very tough on the fingers to to slide the material in place. I had it done by a RV tech who ordered the material from Keystone. It's not cheap but it sure stops the water from coming in!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:44 AM   #3
Guvner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10832
Anyone know the manufacturer of the seals? The Montana dealer around here played pretty dum about being able to order them. They did however try to sell me a new model.

Gary
Old 04-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #4
Devildog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4958
Mine has failed on the underside of the kitchen slide. Looked like it had caught on the retraction and actually had rolled the rubber.
looks like nothing more than a flat rubber wiping seal. Thought about replacing it myself.
Watching this one for source of replacement parts myself.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Guvner

Anyone know the manufacturer of the seals? The Montana dealer around here played pretty dum about being able to order them. They did however try to sell me a new model.

Gary
It's too bad that dealers don't check with Keystone!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:47 AM   #6
Guvner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10832
Finally called Montana and they assured me the local dealer should be able to order them and then gave me an extra one in case the local dealer didn't co-operate. When I called this time they were quite helpful locally but they didn't have a working email to send a picture too and they said it could be one of two types. I found it on Ebay even mentioning in the ad that it was used by Keystone on all of their sliders. I'm not sure about putting links on here so unless someone tells me it's ok I won't go any further. I did find the exact seal at a small RV place near my house so I'm done shopping. He had one roll of it he never opened. There were two different ones on Ebay, both almost the same.

Thanks... Gary