Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
I-5 N/B Scattercreek Rest Area

I think we saw Carl and Susan. I wish we had stopped and talked. I have been suffering from bronchitis and couldn't talk without coughing and was headed home from the grand kids.

grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Well Darn Chet! I saw you in the RV dump area when we came in. I didn't see any MOC logos but I did see the Good Sam ones. I would have stopped and talked but you were done and leaving before I got down there. I think we passed you around Ft. Louis (so Susan tells me - I was busy watching the crazy traffic).

We are visiting our son and DIL in Seattle this weekend and then going back down the coast towards home.

I see you live in BC. But Susan thought you had WA license plates. Did she not correctly recognize the origin of them?

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Yes she saw correctly. The TV is licensed in BC and owned by our church. I am a visitor in BC but have a BC drivers license, pay Social Insurance and have the Canada Health care ... as a visitor. I fit into a peculiar category as a pastor. Since we will be transferred back to the US sometime I didn't want to pay the extra fees and transfer the RV to BC so our Monty is licensed in WA State. So you may ask, "What happens when you cross the border?" Welllll, it used to be a real big hassle. A Canadian resident cannot drive or take a vehicle licensed in US into Canada, period, unless you transfer the title to Canada and pay the taxes. Even though we have lived here for 9 years, I am still a legal visitor. For the first few months it was always a painful experience to cross into Canada. But for the past year or so there has been absolutely no problem at all. We do keep the RV stored just across the border in Sumas.

I thought I saw your MOC number on the back of you Montana. I wish we had stopped and chatted, but as I mentioned I would start coughing really couldn't talk. I am much better today, thankfully, as I preach again tomorrow morning.
It was good to see you and hope you have a great visit and safe journey.
Yes you did whizz past us near Ft Lewis:>) I was in no hurry to get home, but was enjoying the trip.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote