Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Any Reiki practitioners out there?

Besides being in Sweet Adelines... I am also a level II Reiki practitioner. Are there any more out there, especially going to Yuma or GRV next winter?

Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Tell us what that is, please, Helen. Obviously, I'm not one.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Here's what I found on the internet:
http://www.reiki.org/FAQ/WhatIsReiki.html
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:51 AM   #4
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Reiki...broken into two parts of the word: Rei means universal and ki is life energy... is a Japanese relaxation technique. It involves laying hands on someone (or hovering the hands above the body 3-4 inches in states where the practitioner is required to be either a doctor, nurse or licensed massage therapist in order to physically touch anyone) and channeling the universal life energy into the client. The Reiki practitioner is certified by a Reiki Master (higher level practitioner) to channel that universal energy.

Everyone is born with this energy and it exists all around us, all the time. Some say it is energy coming directly from God, while others speculate is comes from the actual universe in which we live. When the energy is channeled into someone, that person becomes very relaxed and most often, if the receiving person has a physical pain or ailment, that pain or ailment either completely disappears from an unknown amount of time or at least improves.

The general idea of "healing" comes from the fact that the human body possesses 7 energy centers, called chakras. These chakras becomes clogged when the person is bombarded with negative energy (this can come from negative thoughts or negative input, such as horrible news on tv or a negative person feeding them negative information). The Reiki practitioner utilized the energy to clear and balance these chakras. Once they are clear, the human body will proceed to fix itself in any way that it can. It's not instantaneous, although the pain part, and sometimes stiffness, does goes away immediately in a lot of the cases I've experienced. Several sessions are usually required to really clear some "ailments" (which can be mental, emotional or physical). Mind you, it won't fix a broken bone or a serious illness but I've seen it temporarily relieve arthritic, lack of mobility, in hands. It amazes me every time I see what it does.

The person being "healed" can either sit in a chair or lay on a massage table. I find the table to be the best method as I can more easily access the various chakas... but I have done a whole lot of sessions with the person sitting in a regular chair.

So, there you have it. There is a web site that explains the whole concept: http://www.reiki.org/FAQ/WhatIsReiki.html It's really quite good. I have only acquired my level II but this summer, I expect to get my level III, which is Master in which case I'll be able to "attune" others so this practice can spread.

Thanks so much for asking about this.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #5
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Helen, that sounds very fascinating! Thank you for sharing. We enjoy our crystals and learning new things - aware of the chakas and healing powers so this is very interesting. Will be looking at the web site as well. I hope our paths across one of these days.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:45 AM   #6
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
ragdoll, are you coming to any of the rallies out this way? There's one in Goshen, Indiana in the fall that we plan to attend. Maybe we'd see you there??? How long have you worked with crystals?
Old 05-18-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Snowhawk, we will be in PA in Sept and talked today of possibly driving over to IN and then back to PA as we have Jack's class reunion that last weekend of Sept. I need to make reservations soon once we see that we will be able to attend. With the crystals it has been about 15 plus years even though we have been lack in working with them in the last few years (even though we have several through out the house) and need to get back to it.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:12 AM   #8
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
I've never worked with crystals. I'd love to learn.