Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2003, 06:18 AM   #1
Montana_483

M.O.C. #483
Available diesel fuel along the highway to Alaska

My wife and I are planning a trip to Alaska next year. I have a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD with a Duramax engine and an Allison transmission. The truck came equipped with a 26-gallon fuel tank. I will be pulling a 3670RL Montana Fifth wheel camper. I have approached GM about an after production auxiliary fuel tank and was informed that it is not available. My question to anyone who made the trip to Alaska is how available is diesel fuel along the highway to Alaska. I have not made any long hauls with this truck so I am not sure what the MPG will be. With the size of this rig, I will not be able to pull into some stations.
I was also think about having a auxiliary fuel tank installed in the bed of the truck if anyone has information on manufactures of this type tank please share with me their names and web address if available.
All information will be greatly appreciated.

2003 Chevy 2500 HD, short box, extended cab, D/A

Montana_483 is offline   Reply With Quote