Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2023, 06:04 AM   #1
still working(NOT)
Established Member

M.O.C. #27001
Exclamation 2021 high counrty bedroom accuslide cable repair

I'm trying to replace the TOP IN cable in the bedroom slide. I believe the cable is shredded inside the cover. This is a very tight space because the shower is right next to the slide. I removed the 4 screws holding the cable cover but it won't come loose. I can't see around the shower compartment. What is holding the cover in place beside those 4 outside screws? I don't think the new cable will pull through without cutting out the old one. Any suggestions?

Kris & Cheri
2021 294RL Montana HC, Solar package, Gen prep
2009 2500HD GMC Duramax 6.6L Diesel 4x4
still working(NOT) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 06:55 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I watched a YouTube video of your make, model, and year to see what you were up against.

Here's the video starting at the spot that shows the slide and shower together:

https://youtu.be/cpVjp8jitug?t=805

If you are trying to remove the facia, it's held on with a million staples. You'll just have to pry it off. Once off, pull the staples completely through from the back side. This way, you won't have holes and scaring on the front when you replace it.

I'm not real sure what you mean by "cover". Is there a cover directly over the pully, or are you referring to the facia "cover" with the million staples in it?

If you are trying to remove that plastic long piece that runs up and down covering the actual cablers, well .... good luck with that one. I never figured out how it comes off. I just pulled it out of the way and used clamps to hold it so I could work behind it.

Here's what mine looks like (front living room model, front living room, passenger side (left end as you stand in front of it inside the camper)

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 07:33 AM   #3
still working(NOT)
Established Member

M.O.C. #27001
well at least you can access your cables from your photo. The cover mentioned is the plastic cover for the pulleys. Not much room in there to work. May try the clamp idea. There is a little bit of cable on the outside I might at least pull through the top pulley but that might be the extent of pulling the cable through any other pulleys. I checked the BAL site but it says the cover hardware is a rv manufacture procedure. I don't expect much help since this slide has been replaced with the Schwintec system after 2021. We have a trip coming up and I think we can get by on the other 7 cables for a short time. I don't know if even a rv repair place has dealt with this one.

Kris & Cheri
2021 294RL Montana HC, Solar package, Gen prep
2009 2500HD GMC Duramax 6.6L Diesel 4x4
still working(NOT) is offline   Reply With Quote