Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2023, 01:57 PM   #1
Jay Merritt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30834
Main door crooked

Update: while the hinges and door frame is riveted to the wall and screen, the door hinge attaches to the door with screws. The top screws in the top hinge were loose enough to create a gap between the hinge and the door. I tightened the screws and it seemed to resolve the problem.

Original :Our main door has slowly been harder to close. The door is hitting the upper left corner of the frame/eyebrow.

We have to constantly slam the door.

I don't see any obvious adjustment.

We are at the rally in Goshen now if anyone is bored.

Fulltimer Domicile: Florida SKP Resort, Wauchula, Florida
2016 Montana 3611 RL Legacy - 2000w Solar, Victron whole house power, 1200ah Chins LiFePO4, RV Armor roof, Verizon 5G Home Internet
Jay Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 02:32 PM   #2
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
It’s long but here’s a post that might be helpful.

Your’s might be a different problem but I found that many of our hinge screws were stripped and the door was leaning towards the latch side doing what you described. I added larger diameter screws (#10) to pull the hinges in tight. Note that same size but longer screws will not help. Then added Irollmans all-thread fix to help it be permanent. Once fixed, we keep the hinges and door latch/lock lubed with graphite lock lube. No problems since the fix and still working well.

https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ain+entry+door
Old 09-06-2023, 08:29 PM   #3
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Merritt View Post
Update: while the hinges and door frame is riveted to the wall and screen, the door hinge attaches to the door with screws. The top screws in the top hinge were loose enough to create a gap between the hinge and the door. I tightened the screws and it seemed to resolve the problem.

Original :Our main door has slowly been harder to close. The door is hitting the upper left corner of the frame/eyebrow.

We have to constantly slam the door.

I don't see any obvious adjustment.

We are at the rally in Goshen now if anyone is bored.

Well thanks for the update and enjoy the rally! Wish I was there.