Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
2955RL Changes

Our 2001 2955RL needed a few modifications to improve the fulltime livability, some of which we learned of on this forum. The following is a list of what we've done:

1. Added 2 oak shelves to the medicine cabinet.
2. Removed pantry shelves, which were really just dark holes that went to infinity, and replaced with a custom built pull out pantry.
3. Recessed furnace thermostat and Fantastic Fan control into wall so pantry could pull out.
4. Moved flourescent light from over counter near stove to over the sink area.
5. Installed hanging toaster.
6. Removed shelf under sink area and replaced with three pull out shelves for the pots and pans on one side and wire 3 tier cart for miscellaneous stuff. Had new big doors made.
7. Installed screen guard to keep dog from scratching through screen.
8. Replaced original rockers with Lazy Boy recliners.
9. Added door to TV compartment in bedroom since Bob uses it for his stuff.
10. Added a shoe holder (the pocket kind) on wall in bedroom for all Bob's little stuff that used to live on the dresser in the stick house. You know; change, pens, scraps of paper, etc.
11. Insulated all water pipes with heat tape since we spent 2 winters in Illinois.
12. Installed heater pads on all holding tanks.
13. Installed rear speakers to enable us to hear TV.
14. Changed bathroom vent fan with computer fan.
15. Moved power cord from inside the bumper to an outside cord with Marinco plug.
16. Hinged plywood under bed to allow storage underneath.
17. Added wire shelf under TV in computer area.
18. Added springlift hinges to door over fridge.
19. Created new storage above pantry with springlift hinged door.
20. Added shelf extension to end of cabinet next to sink.
21. Moved slide switch to wall from cabinet face when remodeling under sink cabinet.

Every time I look at Bob and say, "You know, I've been thinking...", he just rolls his eyes and says, "Yes..." What a good guy.

Pam

bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
WOW!!! Wish I had time to do all that. I do plan on improving the pantry. Enjoy your travels.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:50 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
bob n pam

WOWIE, it all sounds FAB!!! Got any photos??? We LOVE photos!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:05 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Pam, I'm interested in the heat taping of the water lines. Did he heat tape the entire string of lines in the belly too? We spend Nov/Dec in the Kansas City area so I'm very interested in this.
Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:09 AM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
that took a few hours!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:24 AM   #6
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We would be interested in how you redid the pantry shelves if yours is similar to our 2005. I hate the wire baskets and removed one so things could stand up, but I would love to have Roy build me one like is in the Everest and others I have seen where it is one whole unit with storage on each side.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:15 AM   #7
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Steve, please see new thread on heat tape wrapped lines where Bob gives you a blow by blow description.

Nancy, you might like to know about the Rockler catalogue. Check out www.rockler.com. In it you can find custom made doors and different type of pantry configurations. Bob built ours from scratch because there wasn't a ready made one that would fit our space. He ordered the pantry slides and doors from Rockler.

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:47 AM   #8
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Thank you! Roy was looking at the photos and I think he is going to tackle that project. He is not sure how he wants to handle the waste basket issue, as he likes it where it is.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:05 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Pam. I haven't seen that thread yet but I will. I'm also interested in the pantry modifications, like toolmanroy. I've saved that url for reference. Thanks again.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:51 AM   #10
hamcamper
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #768
Good list Pam. I have done some of those same things too. My 2955 RL is a 2003 model and some of the improvements you made were already there. I did find that the cabinet over the sink started to sag as evidenced by the double doors becoming misaligned. I got a stair baluster from Home Depot, cut it to size, stained it to match and slipped in place at the inside back corner so that the top of the support is under the cabinet and the bottom is on the counter. I can't understand why there wasn't some kind of support there in the first place since only the wall was supporting all of that weight. Thanks for your input.

Erwin
hamcamper is offline   Reply With Quote