Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2008, 03:31 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
OPEC meeting

You can watch a live telecast of the OPEC meeting in Algeria..now..here

http://www.opec.org/home/Multimedia/liveStreaming.aspx

get the information first hand and avoid the internet BS.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:48 AM   #2
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Its to early to get my BP up, even though Delaine and me are in Vandrbilt Hospital in Nashville, Tn. Her dad is back in the Hospital. They will for sure cut production by I guess 2 million or more. Trying to get the price up. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes they cut production and the price of a bbl of oil is down -3.54 as of 3:22PM est. They don't get it...None of them get it... we make the auto industry solvent so they can stay in business same with the banks, etc..Now we have plenty of cars and plenty of money to lend. But wait, folks need to have a job to purchase consumer goods and borrow money. 3.5 million people are out of a job with plenty more to follow.. Consumer confidence is about zero. The consumer is the person who buys stuff and the person without a job. It doesn't make any difference how many cars are being built or how much money that banks have to lend.. If the consumer is broke and out of a job..they can't buy anything..no body gets it??? and how about all those folks who were dumb enough to let a money manager or bank handle their retirement or 401K funds that are now in the crapper or vanished all together. Just like the folks who purchsed homes or cars because the bankers and lenders said it was OK..How could they be so unaware.. To explain all that to us would be spreading doom and gloom and we do not want to hear that. If we don't know about it..it will go away..look at how much better it has got in the last few months... OPEC..Flash.....Folks are not buying your oil because they do not have the money.If it is 1.00 a gallon and you do no have the dollar..you can't buy it..Does anybody ..get it???
Old 12-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Get back in that dark room.g
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Rich, you do have a way with sarcasm!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Sometimes I just can't help myself... Everyone keeps saying don't worry everything will be ok. Then I turn off the elevator music, come out of my dark room and.....it's worse...I don't get it. My dark room is getting crowded.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #7
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
If it wasn't so true, this would be funny.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:03 AM   #8
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Yes, Rich you do speak the truth, sad as it may be!!! P.S. they are now setting the central bank rate to near zero as well. Unfortunately you need some assets and a job before you qualify for a loan. The big three have had various plans of zero percent financing that obviously doesn't work in these times either. Could you possibly make more room in your dark room for me as well?
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:55 AM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I tried going into the dark room but all those little people running around in my head pushed me out.

It's tough living with the lights on!

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:58 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Humm.. How come we... get it..but those who are taking all these "corrective actions" don't get it. The local Orlando tv stations are reporting the worst retail sales holiday in History. bbl of oil is down -1.63 to 38.43 this AM OPEC sure does control the oil market??? When the demand in the highest energy nation in the word (USA) decreases because folks can not afford to drive because they do not have a JOB or may lose their job..the demand therefore the price goes down...We still don't get it....It was always us..not OPEC that had the primary control of the price of energy. We The(the USA) import 60% of our oil..how is that OPEC's fault//We don't get it. Oh and one more time. Who is the primary oil exporter to the USA.. Canada..yep or friends to the North and they charge us the same price as OPEC..Now Canada is not part of OPEC so how does OPEC control Canada's oil price.. The price is set on the world commodity markets and demand. It is good that Canada is our primary source of oi.. They are in North America and we are still friendly terms with them. perhaps some day we will ..get it..That North America.. and that includes Mexico by the way..has the resources to become energy self dependent. Until then we continue to..not get it... Oh...CNN is telling me that the auto industry is shutting down for a month sor maybe more... Will they start back up????
Old 12-18-2008, 03:14 AM   #11
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Better hope you don't need a new tow vehicle in the near future??? So, will the Toyota truck pull your rig? 450 and 550 series, will those be made?? by whom??

I am gonna find a sand hill to hide my head in.

On edit: Make that a snow bank, I have those right here in the yard, and who knows if we will ever make places that have sand this winter. SIGH
Old 12-18-2008, 03:52 AM   #12
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Rich, not only energy self dependent, our North Amerca has most everything we need. Oil, labour, factories, food, water, electricty, minerals, lumber,..... it's just a matter of consuming what we produce within our North America and creating the jobs right here!!! It's not that long ago that we did just that, seems toooo simple to me.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:38 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is what angers me Darwin.. We have the resources yet we will not develop or use them..and.. we blame everyone else for our dependency. I am sure it is not as simple as you and I think it is but we seem to be making excuses and finger pointing instead of addressing the problem.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #14
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Price of barrel of oil is down yet all the stations in this city just raised fuel prices by 16 cents a gallon (from 1.539 yesterday to 1.699 today). No reason to it.... except the good ole greed!!!

Got paperwork from banks -- fed lowers interest rate but interest rate on everything else is going up. Oh well, Rich, make room for one more in that room if you would.

Guess I shouldn't complain -- at least it is still below what it was!!
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:35 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Golly, Gosh, gee wizz,,OPEC had another meeting and cut production again and oil is down today..again. Lets see ..if OPEC is responsible for the high price of oil then how come we are not giving them credit for the low price of fuel. They do control everything right...??? Oil was at 147.00 per bbl and OPEC said..oh gee..lets lower the price so now it is at 37.00 per bbl. Was that not nice of them. That the USA was the cause of a global financial melt down had nothing to do with anything..These low prices are a evil plot by OPEC to make us drive more and buy more fuel so they can pump more oil..but wait...we have no jobs.. we have no consumer confidence..our auto companies are going bankrupt.. OPEC did it...

Just watched the closing bell on the stock market...

They said it was the worst year on the market since 1931.... That would be 77 years. Don't worry about it..DOW Started the year at @ 13,000 it closed t @ 8776 "what's in your wallet"?????
Old 12-31-2008, 10:17 AM   #16
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Say Rich,

Just WHEN was the stock market crash that created the Depression??

And, how much did it tank, as in percentages??

Returning to the snow banks, they are still out there, after almost 6 full weeks, still snow on the ground, it never melts, convenient, a place for me to hide.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:35 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression
Old 12-31-2008, 11:12 AM   #18
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Crude Oil closed up $5.00 a barrel today, just any excuse to raise prices. But we Tax payers are taking care of our leaders, Congress pay raise $4,700. GBY.....
Old 12-31-2008, 11:24 AM   #19
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Delaine and Lindy, Missed our last outing with you guys, where are you now????
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:26 PM   #20
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Hi Phil and Cathy, we are in Tallahassee RV park in Tallahassee, Florida on our way to Zephryhills Florida, will be there tomorrow.

We are sorry that we missed you guys hope you guys had fun while visiting Dave and Chris they are great people. Maybe we will get to see you two in Florida. Hope things are going ok for you to. And hope Cathy's dad is ok. Keep in touch. GBY....