Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2007, 03:12 AM   #1
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Tongue in Cheek Observations with a Purpose

In recent threads I have noted that MOC participants seem to be divided into primarily three camps with an occasional 4th thrown in. These are gross generalities. "Where do you GENERALLY fit?". Trying to catagorize yourself MAY serve the purpose of increasing your tolerance of others, and hence the purpose of this.

Meanies- The least among us. IMO there are really very few meanies. They are usually meanspirited but occasionally pass as a CSI. They are not frequent posters and are very quick to jump on a negative topic and frequently show their machismo. Meanies serve a purpose, they cause us to think.

Lollipoppers- The other end of the spectrum are the Lollipoppers. These are super positive folk who pop in on any subject and are almost always positive and upbeat. Their comments are generally very well intentioned are frequently fluffy but occasionally bring serious substance. Lollipoppers are sometines hard workers in the MOC Community.

Concentraded Serious Inventigatives- The CSIs are not fluffy but they are not mean-spirited. They can be very direct and intense and are generally more thorough, sometimes exhaustingly so. But, we all read their posts with interest because they usually uncover the truth. Lollipoppers sometimes mistake CSIs for Meanies.

Casual Observer Types- COTs usually just read, rarely comment and don't get worked up over much of anything. But when they share it is usually substantive.

It takes all types here to make this a real forum. A small part of the Admin's job should be to keep the meanies from being too mean without censoring. I think they do it correctly about 95% of the time.

One last thing. These are VERY GENERAL catagories. Sometines we all fit all of them but mostly we fit in one or another. If you at least thought about who you are and how you interact with the others, then this post has done it's job.

virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:28 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Very interesting comment Virgil. VERY Interesting. I'm going to have to think this one over very carefully.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:30 AM   #3
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Trying to figure out which catagory we are - I think we switch from one to another as do most folk! Did enjoy your post, tho!

Suzanne
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:40 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I'm probably one that fits all categories.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I like it..and you got me right on target and I knew that//////
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:10 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
I too certainly enjoyed your post. Very thought provoking, we all should think about who we are and how we interac with each other on a regular basis.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:43 PM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
For the most part I guess I fit the CSI category. I don't want to come off as mean spirited but I do like to tell it like it is or at least how I see it. Right or wrong that's who I am. Many times I have been criticized for telling it like it is but at least you know where I am coming from. I am very rarely ever Fluffy as I do not like things all sugar coated. I am a diabetic you know. I try not to be a Meanie but sometimes I may come off as one. I am definitely not a COT.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:02 PM   #8
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
No brainer as far as I'm concerned--I see myself as a "concentrated serious investigator" type--for example, my recent posts about hooking up autoformers and surge guards was causing people headaches, and people generally stop posting when I add my questions to someone else's threads. My DW Jo-Anna is currently a "casual observer type"--but once we get closer to getting our rig, she will oscillate between being a lollipopper and a CSI--depending on the post.

Rich--you said Virgil had you pegged, but you didn't identify what category you fell in. I know what category I'd put you in--but what category do you put yourself in? LOL!!!!!

Orv--don't want to hurt your feelings, but I'd certainly put you in CSI category there with me, at least with respect to topics of significant interest to you. LOL!!!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #9
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by David and Jo-Anna

No brainer as far as I'm concerned--I see myself as a "concentrated serious investigator" type
Same here.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
So... I'm "fluffy"??? OK, Judy, now I know where you got that term from... I do believe in PMA.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, I know I'm fluffy....in more ways than one. And I don't need any comments on that either!

And I'm so fluffy that I find it hard to believe that people are criticized for being fluffy.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #12
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Very thought provoking. I think I am definitely CSI trying to cure RVI. That's Recreational Vehicle Ignorance.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:18 PM   #13
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
"Virgil, quick come see, there goes another COTeeeee"

Sung to the tune of "The Night they drove OLD Dixie Down". LOL.
I am mostly a CSI except if I am having a straight Tequila night , than I can be a Meanie..

Love the post. Hilarious.

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Judy,
Ditto, ditto, ditto.
Happy trails..............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:03 PM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ole Rich is a CSI all the way..maybe worse..Not a meanie by any means but sometimes the truth hurts.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:49 AM   #16
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Thanks Virgil, I can see you put some serious thought into this. After reading it I too gave it some thought, smoked up the whole house , and decided I too fit in the CSI category, with occasional strays into the other two. If I have ever come across to anyone as being a Meanie, I sincerely apologize, and assure you I never meant it that way.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:34 AM   #17
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Well I thought and thought about this subject and decided that I am very glad to be a lollipop. I can't imagine how miserable life must be or how many ulcers I would have to be one of the others all of the time. I am also thankful for all my fluffy friends.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:00 AM   #18
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Nice thought, Helen. I like my fluffy friends, too. They make life more pleasant. Now isn't that fluffy? I can hear all the Meanies going 'Yuck!'

Actually, I don't think the Meanies really get ulcers 'cause they don't care about their actions or words, at least not enough to stop being a Meanie.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #19
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Perhaps the Lollipops and COTs would post more serious and intense thoughts if they didn't get slammed when they do. Just a thought.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:48 AM   #20
Mike-n-Jen
Established Member

M.O.C. #6517
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by David and Jo-Anna

No brainer as far as I'm concerned--I see myself as a "concentrated serious investigator" type--for example, my recent posts about hooking up autoformers and surge guards was causing people headaches, and people generally stop posting when I add my questions to someone else's threads. My DW Jo-Anna is currently a "casual observer type"--but once we get closer to getting our rig, she will oscillate between being a lollipopper and a CSI--depending on the post.

Rich--you said Virgil had you pegged, but you didn't identify what category you fell in. I know what category I'd put you in--but what category do you put yourself in? LOL!!!!!

Orv--don't want to hurt your feelings, but I'd certainly put you in CSI category there with me, at least with respect to topics of significant interest to you. LOL!!!
David, I am one of those thread killers myself. I havent really figured out why or how, but it seems that I do have a talent for it. This CSI doesnt mean any harm.
Mike
Mike-n-Jen is offline   Reply With Quote