Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2006, 08:08 AM   #1
Jerzy54
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4379
Gone with the rain

Just got phone call from the Drifstone campground in Pennsylvania saying that due to recent rain fall they will close the campground for upcoming weekend because of flooding. I am very disapointed because I made this reservation in January and this supost be my
first camping trip with the Monty of the island.

Have a great 4th July weekend to all.

Jerzy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:01 AM   #2
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Bummer!

I'm sure you aren't alone. From what I see on TV, it looks like all of New England, much of the mid-east coast, along with most of Pennsylvania are flooded!

I'm really sorry to hear your plans are dashed. I am wondering how the dry heat out west might cause us to change plans. I wouldn't want to camp around any forest fires.

I'm surprised there haven’t been a slew of such reports here in the forum. Could be they're too busy moving to get online.

Stay Tuned.

Have you been able to get an alternate campsite?

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Jerzy, sorry you can't get away. I thought Washington State got a lot of rain, but you folks on the right side of the Nation have just been dumped all over. WOW!! Rain Rain go Away!!!!! and don't come back!
Hope you are abloe to get away soon, Short-timing or full timing in a Montana is just like having a small apartment to play house with. It's fun!!!
Rick
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
The Mid-Atlantic is getting rains about what we had in SE Texas a couple weeks back, hard to deal with that much water at one time.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:34 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Well if you cant go east, why not look at going west to dry weather? Sorry to hear that your plans have been canceled, best of luck finding a new destination to take your coach to...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
The news tonight is filled with sad stories of flooding in PA and Maryland and Wash. DC. I hope that Glenn and Lorraine and others that frequent those areas are OK and did not get caught in any of these horrible floods. Our prayers go out to the families that are affected by this horror and have lost their homes.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:15 PM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Not to worry. We are high and dry here in northern New York. Not having all the rain they are getting to the south of us.

If you take a look at the Driftstone web site you may better understand by their very location on the Delaware River
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Glad to hear that Glenn, How close is West Reading to Reading?? They talked about flooding at Reading a bit ago on ABC World News Tonight.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:41 PM   #9
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We left Florida on the 22nd and caught up with the rain on Sunday. We got into really bad rain in Baltimore, so heavy one could hardly see more than a few yards ahead. We stayed in Pennsylvania on Sunday night at Milton leaving on Monday for Ontario. We again went through really heavy rain until we got to the border of New York State. Definitely not a journey we would want to do too often in that type of weather. There were signs all over the place advising one to be alert because of flooding.Diana
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Although we are high and dry in our little part of Ohio there is chaos all around us.Very bad flooding, Many cities declared a disaster area.FEMA is in the area evaluating the damage,High % of crops washed out.Many of the areas I drove my school bus through suffered severe flooding and storm damage. Our rain guage measured 12 inches of rain in 48 hours and some nearby cities got more than that.It is really weird as we are completely unaffected yet a short distance away,,Disaster///
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:37 PM   #11
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
New York State is in bad shape also. Thruway was closed between exits 25A and 36(approximately 100 miles). Parts of Rte 7 and I-88 also closed. We planned a long weekend at a Marina Campground near where we live. It's on the Mohawk River, and they had to evacuate due to flooding. I feel very bad for the campground owners as they just purchased it this year. Hope all our MOC members are in a safe and dry place. We are a little disappointed but there is nothing you can do when Mother Nature calls.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:03 PM   #12
Jerzy54
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4379
To add to my misery all local campgrounds are already full.
I am sitting by the computer and I am trying to find any place to go
for five days. My next planed trip is in august to Main and Nova Scotia. I hope it will stop raining.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:50 AM   #13
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Sorry to hear your plans were rained out. But I guess it is a good thing for you that it didn't happen after you got there. Good luck in finding another place for your trial run.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:52 AM   #14
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Glad to hear that Glenn, How close is West Reading to Reading?? They talked about flooding at Reading a bit ago on ABC World News Tonight.
Just across the Schuylkill River. Been ages since Reading had any serious flooding. 95% of West Reading sits high and dry. The remaining 5% is within the same flood plan as Reading.

Guess I'll go visit the local newspaper.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:10 AM   #15
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Checked with our campground near Mercer/Grove City, PA. They have no problems. Will be heading there on July 9th for two weeks. Campgrounds here in southern Ontario are fine ... typically dry summer so far.

B
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:42 AM   #16
Jerzy54
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4379
Thanks Bill , I will definitely look at this possibility.