Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
Technical information

When I was going through the technical pamphlets for my new unit I did not see anything on the roof or slides or vent fans.I would like to know if these should be included.

crandallbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:29 AM   #2
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
What you get in your package may vary from rig to rig, dealer to dealer.

There should be a Keystone manual that has some information about most of the features found on Keystone’s RVs.

Go here: http://www.montanaowners.com/RVRelatedLinks.html and do some clicking to see if you can’t find the appropriate info.

I know there used to be a link to our Montana’s manual. We never got one with our 2004. But when we got our 2005, there was a manual in with the other product-specific flyers and data sheets.

Plus, if you know the manufacturer of the particular item, they often have websites where you can get data sheets and manuals.

A request to your dealer probably wouldn’t hurt. If it does, try calling Keystone about it. They’re very accommodating.

Having as much info as you can is a good thing.

Posting here when you have a question is a better thing!

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:23 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We received separate "manuals" on the slides and roof - about care and warranty - they have a different warranty than the rig. We did not received one for the vent fan.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #4
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
If you are refering to the Fantastic Vent fan, you should have a manual. These fans are guarantee for as long as you are the original owner. If you have a bad part, give them a call any they'll have it delivered to your door in a couple of days. Had lost some of the screws for the screen and they sent them to me. Also got a new screen and a fan motor over the years with our old 5W---great company.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
With a little clicking on the above-mentioned RV Related Links page, Fan-Tastic's website is revealed: http://www.fantasticvent.com/

There are informative downloads available for the various fan models on that site. Plus contact info to order manuals for your specific fan(s). I know, because we ordered one for our 2004 Monty.

Steve
Old 06-11-2006, 05:10 AM   #6
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
I tried going to the web page for Dicor when I'm there I can't do anything,when I click on the menue I can expand the files but can not get into them. I really would not care if I recived the information from dealer as long as I could get it off the web. I have not been to any others yet because I don't have model numbers for the products Keystone uses.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:41 AM   #7
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
CrandallBradley,

I just went there and see that there are no downloadable documents. When I click on the “hot spots” on the left, the center of the screen displays all the information Dicor affords us about each topic, online.

I don’t care for sites like that. Unless you copy and paste the info for later use, while you are able to be online, there is no way you can have it at your fingertips when you might need it but can’t get online.

Because you didn’t get the specific model number info that some of us, (not all,) received when we got our Monties, you’ll have to trust that “RV Related Links” page to find the major feature, and then check them each out to see if one brand looks more like what your Monty came with.

Barring that, maybe asking the dealer who sold you the Monty what it came with. And for the documentation, as well. Depending on your dealer, that will meet with mixed results. But they should at least tell you what brands are included. There aren’t all that many variances between Monties that I’ve noticed.

What model and year do you have? There's gotta be someone who has the same rig, reading this thread.

It just can’t hurt to ask around in here if you have specific questions. There is always someone who’s had experience in almost everything about Monties hanging around, hoping to impart their knowledge.

But, trust me. I have had some “documentation” for some of the features in my Monties that was much less informative than the folks on this forum. But I do just like having the paper in hand for whenever it might be needed.

Good Luck,
Steve
Old 06-11-2006, 06:36 AM   #8
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
Steve
Thank you for your help. I ordered this unit about two mounths ago it is sitting on the dealers lot right now they will do the PDI this week. The dealer has let me come and play with it while it waits for the PDI. I was out there yesterday talking to the head of service and he told me they had some more information in their office I hope its all the rest of the info I am looking for.I think I ordered A 2007 but looks like I get a 2007 and a half. keystone seems to change these things every week I have seen so many changes in this unit it bogles my mind. last mounth they had a radio and seperate tv this week they have a tv with seround sound system and radio built into the seround. it's a Memorx unit. I think this set up is a better way to go. On this weeks model they changed the door on the back bedroom to open in insted of out I told the dealer they had to change this it's going to leave some nasty holes to putty up and you will be able to see them but that is better then waiting six mounths for a new door jam.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:03 AM   #9
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
CrandallBradley,

I’m glad if I can be of any help.

You’re in the catbird’s seat, right now. Take advantage of that fact, and press for all that you think you need.

Don’t let a single thing go by, before signing off on the delivery, without satisfaction, or at least a written pledge to do whatever work you want done to it.

If you let them get away with your purchase, before you’re totally satisfied, you may have problems going back to get those things fixed.

If he needs to, he can take documentation from other rigs with the same equipment. That is probably what caused the missing documents in your rig to start with. Eventually, if the dealer gets enough complaints about that sort of thing, he’ll press Keystone to provide whatever he needs. No one can make money on these sales if all the customers leave the lots upset.

Trust me. Having that home theater system is a blessing, over a simple boom box in a cabinet. And, if yours is a Memorex, it seems Keystone’s moved away from the Quest systems that had caused several problems for a few people. (I replaced mine with a Sony, after several problems made me give up on the Quest.) The only bugaboo is the fact that without an external antenna, virtually no radio, (boom box or home theater system,) is going to pull in anything but close-by signals. (I’m thinking about drilling through the wall to install one, myself.)

Models do change mid-season. Sometimes it’s due to comments made right here. Along with comments made by their other customers. Also, prices for their features from the sub-contractors come to play in such matters.

Make sure you get satisfaction when you leave the lot. It’ll beat having to go back time and again.

Good Luck,
Steve
Old 06-11-2006, 08:16 AM   #10
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
I will have everything checked and rechecked on this unit before it leaves the dealers lot one of the things i told them before I gave them my down payment is that after the PDI they would park it out in their lot and let me play with it until I am satisfide everything is working as it should be.I do not yet have a tv and it can get expensive to hire someone to take it back and forth.I have been going back and forth to this dealer for two years now so I know them and my unit,I even get the shirt off the managers back (we have the same first name)I think thats really cool.I'm even going to get in the shower and do a little jumping up and down with the water running to see if I can get it to leak.Tkanks to all the good people on this forum I have learned about most of Keystones quality control problems.I know that may not get every problem but it is way better then just excepting the unit as it comes like some of the people do and finding out later. So far things are better then I expected from dealer and unit. I think I am going to have give my dealer a real good post under the dealer ratings.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:20 AM   #11
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
When they earn one, they should get one. ("Good Dealer" post.)

Same goes for "Lousy Dealers."

And it sure sounds like you have the situation under control. I'm glad for you.

Steve