Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
Dick n Marie
Established Member

M.O.C. #58
Satellite and other hook up?

I have a 3655FL. The satellite hook up on the outside is marked. There is also a recepticle with phone hookup and another coax hook up. I can't remember how this coax was run and how it was used. I have only used the satellite hook up for TV. I was thinking I could use this other hook up for cable tv along with the sat and use a multi switch on the inside for switching between sat and cable for picking up local channels on cable.

Dick n Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
That hook is for the cable TV. I use an A/B switch to go back and forth b/w cable and sat. Supposedly you don't need to do it, but with the A/B sw we don't get bleedover. If you use your TV antenna, don't forget to turn off the power boost inorder to use cable--sure you know that, but?
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 05:38 PM   #3
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
We have the 3655 FL also. The unmarked recepticle next to the phone hookup is for Cable TV.

Remember, the antenna booster switch controls the output of its jack..the one located in the front desk area. Antenna booster ON, no cable...Antenna booster OFF, no usable "batwing" reception. The correct signal comes through the same output cable at that switch.

We run that cable into the satellite box, as well as the satellite signal input. Output of that box then goes into the DVD/VCR player, and comes out as a Channel 3 output directly to the TV.

End result...with the satellite receiver ON, we get satellite on Channel 3 of the TV. If you play a DVD or VCR tape, that will have priority over satellite, and you will see that instead of satellite TV on Channel 3 of the TV.

To view Cable, just turn the satellite receiver OFF. Make sure the "batwing" antenna booster is also OFF. To view TV from the "batwing" antenna instead, make sure the Satellite receiver is OFF, and turn the antenna booster ON. For either Cable or "batwing" antenna TV, the TV channelization controls what you are watching.

Wheww! I didn't realize it was so complicated!!! Sorry for the long answer to the simple question! If you want more grotesque detail, just send me an e-mail or PM.

Best Regards,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote