Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2005, 12:40 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
TV noise when TV on Mute?

Keystone recently switched my Quest DVD to a Zenith. While not the best it is a great improvement when listening to a CD.

This week it started annoying me. When I put the TV on Mute there is this constant static sound coming from TV. It's a lot like the sound you get when you have snow on the screen. I also have to have the volume turned all the way up to drown out this sound while watching TV. If I try to have the TV on low, this annoying noise is louder than a normal TV conversation.

I have gone into both the Zenith and TV menu's and it seems I have things set right. I am on Cable and it does not do this on the bedroom TV.

I guess I will call Zenith on Monday, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this little annoyance themselves and what the correction was.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 01:06 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
fla native,
Need to get them to check that one out. If you have a static sound all the time and then the TV station voice is muted when you hit mute it sounds as if audio is being generated from some other source.
Too hard to trouble shoot from Australia. Really suggest chasing out all the cables between the TV and the DVD player etc.
See I am making assumptions I have not confirmed. Does your TV audio go through your surround sound?
My first thing would be to try and find out what audio source is producing the sound. I know, that is what your asking.
Best of luck and tow safe.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:28 AM   #3
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Thanks John (all the way from DownUnder!!)

I just have to take the time and figure it out.

BTW I read Bill Bryson's "In a Sunburned Country" Very enjoyable read. Australia is a land of many faces. You have a lot of critters that can kill you there.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:06 PM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
fla native,
That is my feeling. If it moves it can kill you. We went out bush this weekend Fossicking (gem looking). When I got home it felt like I had worked in the garden all day picking up stones. I did not have much luck my first time out but my wife did better. It was a chance to get out and away from the house. We did not see any snakes or lizards. My friend, with me, moved a rock and a lizard shot out. Boy did it get his attention.
Reference you noise issue. It sounds as if something else is injecting the noise, not the TV. Good luck take it slow and document what cables you moved and only move one at a time and check again. Slower but safer finding out the problem or putting them back.
Good luck and tow safe.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote