Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
Montana_2872
Established Member

M.O.C. #2872
Propane, Electrical, Slide & Plumbing Problems

We received our 2006 3400RL in July of this year. Since then, we have had propane leaks, plumbing leaks that flooded our basement, 12 volt electrical switch rubbing on water lines, the flush system for the gray tank fills the fresh water tank and at night, we can see light coming out the top corners of our kitchen slide. We are also having problems with the awning putting it up or down. The awning sticks at the top or won't unwind. We complained about the poor workmanship of the recliners (which they are replacing after sending pics) and the list goes on. We cannot winterize our rv as the plumbing is such a mess that we're not sure where the antifreeze will end up. We have notified the dealership today however, it is Thanksgiving weekend and do not expect a reply before Tuesday. We have also notified Team Montana in the same email. Anyone else having similar problems?

Montana_2872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:05 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Williams,

Many find that email to Team Montana does not work as well as a cool calm collected and factual phone call to Customer Service in Goshen Indiana does. (sorry, don't have the phone number here, but others do, and will help ya out there)

Sounds like the slide needs some serious adjustments. Awning, have no idea. Propane and water leaks, many report a lot of the connections were not tight upon receiving their units, have to say, this is ONE problem we did not have, maybe one or two plumbing connections needed a bit of tweaking, but nothing like what you seem to be saying. Recliners are a vendor problem (grrrrr). Flush system, believe you mean for the black water tank? You say it fills the fresh water tank?? Bizarre, that is a new one! YUCK!

Be sure that all your concerns are documented with your dealer and Keystone before your warranty runs out (you got a good bit of time for that).

Our experience is that with some patience and cool heads, Keystone took care of our problems, and we had a few too!

Good luck!

(Thanksgiving weekend?? You from Canada?? If so, you might want to fix your profile, says you are from the USA!)
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 05:57 PM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I don't know... can you trade the whole thing back in and start from scratch with a new 3400? That's what someone would do at Wally World with a totally defective item. I'd be tempted to try that with that many misfires. I' m sure Keystone might not be real keen on that, but you never know... A 2006 in July sounds like one of the first ones off the line.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:57 PM   #4
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Williams,

Sorry to hear about your problems. From our viewpoint it is par for the course, but you do have some unusual problems even for this forum. We had a frame-flex problem plus about 50 other items for repair at the factory. We, too, had hoped that they would take our 3575 back and let us start over again, but no deal. Someone who had the same type of problem, only worse, got a new 5W, but it had the same problems. We are still fighting with Keystone over repairs that they did at the factory including propane regulator leaks and a shower drain leak. The number you want is 866-425-4369.

Sure would not drink any water from your system until it is repaired and sanitized. Sounds as if you are in Canada. Good luck!
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:20 AM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
With the running changes that Keystone makes in all our lines, there is no such thing as a first 2006 model. They may have as many as 10 changes in a day, from something as simple as a different size screw to something as difficult as a new floor plan. A 3295 built 2 weeks before mine was can be quite a bit different than mine. I got those neat kitchen chairs that have the storage in them. We were in the plant not 2 weeks before ours was built and those chairs were being "thought about". I told them they were a great idea, I was told that they were still bartering with the vendor, and had to get him down $1.00 a piece before the contract would be signed. That tells you a lot about margins, and a lot about how fast they can implement a change! 2006 may say a lot to insurance agents and licensing bureaus and maybe even Blue Book people, but those in the know, realize that it does not reflect major changes from the last day of 2005 to the first day of 2006 models.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:15 AM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
So how do they determine what is 2005 or what is a 2006 if built during the month of July... and yes, that does sound like an interesting "Bluebook" situation.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:32 AM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Dave,

the way I understand it, they pick a date to change from 05 to 06.

The running changes make for interesting comparisons of models. Friends of mine ordered a Mountaineer. I told them, you may get a few things that are different, she did not believe me, TILL, she got her unit, back window totally different. Her comment was, they cannot change it, it is in the brochure, my comment is, read the brochure, they have a disclaimer! And, they DO make RUNNING changes all the time! They do NOT wait till June 1st, or July 1st to make all the changes from 05 to 06.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:42 AM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I guess if I buy in May, there shouldn't be a lot changes taking place at that time, right? I sure shouldn't go by the brochure. It sounds like a factory tour just prior to purchase could be the best way to make sure you know what you are going to get.

*On Edit... what's a PDI list again?
Old 10-10-2005, 05:58 AM   #9
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We toured just prior to Memorial Day weekend, we took delivery June 20. We had different chairs. Maybe other stuff too, don't remember. They make running changes WHENEVER!

PDI, Pre Delivery Inspection.