Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2005, 07:12 AM   #21
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Camping World sells a snap-in foam filter designed for Fan-Tastic Fans for about $20. Anyone have any experience with this filter, would it reduce volume as to make the fan ineffective? I looked at the FAQ link in Glenn's post and it is not mentioned there.

Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:39 AM   #22
Dental Floss Tycoon
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1817
Question about the location of the fantasic fan thermostat. In our 3685FL, the fan and thermostat are located in the bathroom, thus the bathroom will be a comfortable temperature but the rest of the trailer will be warm. It makes more sense to me if the thermostat is located where the temperature is more representative of the trailer, not just the bathroom. Does anyone else have this setup and what did you do?
Dental Floss Tycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #23
Montana_2428
Established Member

M.O.C. #2428
My fan hasn't worked since the day I took delivery on the 2955RL. I'm performing many upgrades and decided to put this fan issue off until more important things were completed. That time came this weekend.

Symptom: In auto or manual mode, top cover would open then fan would not turn.

Now, normal operation would be....wait until cover is open, then start fan. Hmm, must be some kind of switch involved to signal cover is open. Climbed up on the roof and looked down on the fan assembly. There is a little "pop-up" switch that is activated by the cover going up/down. Touched this switch and the fan started running. OK, just dirty. A little electrical cleaner spray and a trip to the dealer was avoided.

So, this is an area of the fan that appears to be questionable. If the fan blades fail to spin, check the little switch in the corner.
Looks like the little button that you see on one of those bells that sit on the counter of motels.

Hope this helps.

Don and Michele
Montana_2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:04 AM   #24
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Charlie

Camping World sells a snap-in foam filter designed for Fan-Tastic Fans for about $20. Anyone have any experience with this filter, would it reduce volume as to make the fan ineffective? I looked at the FAQ link in Glenn's post and it is not mentioned there.
I was wondering about this too. Sounds like you could clean it easier. Anyone know about this? TIA
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:21 AM   #25
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
THEHAYS

This is what makes a person feel great when you can find some of the problems ourselves and fix them.

I did get my fantastic fan in this week, and it works great. The only problem I had was getting a hot wire, the wires that were in the attic were to the lights. So I ran a wire from slide switch through the overhead cabinet and through the attic to the fan. Thanks to all for your super suggestions and ideas.

Larry & LaVonne

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by thehays

My fan hasn't worked since the day I took delivery on the 2955RL. I'm performing many upgrades and decided to put this fan issue off until more important things were completed. That time came this weekend.

Symptom: In auto or manual mode, top cover would open then fan would not turn.

Now, normal operation would be....wait until cover is open, then start fan. Hmm, must be some kind of switch involved to signal cover is open. Climbed up on the roof and looked down on the fan assembly. There is a little "pop-up" switch that is activated by the cover going up/down. Touched this switch and the fan started running. OK, just dirty. A little electrical cleaner spray and a trip to the dealer was avoided.

So, this is an area of the fan that appears to be questionable. If the fan blades fail to spin, check the little switch in the corner.
Looks like the little button that you see on one of those bells that sit on the counter of motels.

Hope this helps.

Don and Michele
Old 03-07-2005, 12:23 PM   #26
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Campbud-
I ordered the filter for the fan....will let you know how it works after we get the Monty. A little more than a week before arrival, can't wait.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote