Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2015, 05:35 AM   #1
Mscity

M.O.C. #17964
How to drain the galley gray tank?

I am a new RV'er and have only had my Montana for a month. This weekend the kitchen sink wouldn't drain. We emptied the gray tank on the panel on the drivers side, but the sink still didn't drain. Opened the P-trap under the sink and water gushed out. There was pressure from the other side of the trap. The dealer said there was only one gray tank, but after researching yesterday I think there are two. We looked under the slide and in front of, between and behind the wheels on the drivers side, but did not find a release. It is a 2013 Montana High Country Model 338D. Can anyone help with this?

Mscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:47 AM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
The T handle is where you've looked already coming thru the IBeam frame itself ... sometimes hard to see for the first time.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:07 AM   #3
Mscity

M.O.C. #17964
We'll look again on the IBeam. Thanks for your help!
Mscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:30 AM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Look about one foot in on the bottom of the corregated plastic and in front of the wheels. It will only stick out of the bottom about four inches or so and it will be close to the bottom of the plastic. If I assume you are the second buyer, then the aluminum rod and t handle may have fallen off. In that case you will only see a small hole in the plastic. If so, you need to cut a small flap into the bottom with the flap opening from the rear and make it about one foot by one foot so that you can shine a flashlight into the area and see what you are doing when your hand is also in there. You can seal the three sides of the flap with gorilla tape after cleaning the plastic with alcohol. Inside you will see the exit valve on the inch and half pipe coming out of the tank. Normally, there is a short aluminum tube that screws onto the end of the valve. Hope this helps. John
Old 10-19-2015, 08:00 AM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
The proverbial galley gray tank problem. You've got your answers for locating it from others here so I won't go into it except for looking infront of the wheels of the drivers side. There should be a gray handle sticking down. Pull on it and it will open the valve on the galley gray tank. Sometimes it is a little hard to put and put back up to close the valve but a few uses will loosen that up.
I don't know who your dealer is but he/she needs to go to school at Keystone to learn about the units he's selling. There are two gray tanks and one black tank. Also there is a fresh water tank drain and it is in the back of the unit with at tube sticking down out of the underbelly with either a cap or turn valve on it to empty it when not in use. Good luck and hope you find that galley pull handle.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Yup... just checked the keystonerv site and the specs say your model has 93 gallons of gray tanks. While it's not specified it implies you have TWO grey tanks of about 46 gallons each, just like all the other Montana models that state 93 gallons in the spec sheet. Shame on your dealer for not showing you this. I was told this when I picked up the rig and shown where both gray drain valves were located. My PDI took about 3 hours (We were prewarned it would take this long and we greatly appreciated all the time spent)!

It's a lot about the quality of the PDI (pre-delivery inspection - where they show you or tell you about everything before they let you take the rig home).
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote