Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2014, 06:08 AM   #1
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Floor cracking

Since we have been back from Florida I was in Monte once to say hello and run the br slide out and in to make sure it was seated properly as it was sticking out a couple of inches when we got home.

Today, about 3 weeks later, Louise went out to look around and noticed that the linoleum was cracked from under the entry closet, across the entry area towards the island. It was puckered up enough to view the sub floor which seemed to be fine and no sign of moisture.
My levels all read good and during the winter we had all 6 level ups down.

I have replaced rv floors before but want to find out what caused this. Any and all suggestions from our MOC friends would be greatly appreciated.

c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:19 AM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Dick sounds like you had the flooring freeze(don't know what else to call it). There have been several postings on this happening to other units also. My suggestion would be to do a search and see what you can get from them.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:21 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Cold weather does nasty things to Rv's. Our Montana's have never been in cold weather so we do not have a cold weather problem but in our 4 previous TT's we had split flooring, cracked plastic, Broken commode. Frozen water lines although we winterized and blew out the lines and in -35 Degree cold the outside door handle broke off. I took to running a string of 60 watt light bulbs on the inside of the camper in cold weather and that seemed to help. Oh and water somehow got into a couple of our running lights , froze and blew the lens off.. Florida and the S.W in the winter solved all problems with cold.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:33 AM   #4
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
I guess it's called puckering not to be confused with kissing. The extreme cold weather must have been the cause though I still don't understand why it didn't happen until we had been home for a few weeks. I was getting tired of the flooring, just didn't expect to have it replaced under these circumstances. I may contact Progressive to see if this is covered.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote