Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2009, 04:06 AM   #1
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Preview gone

Anyone know when the hover preview box will be re-populated? Currently it is null:

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:48 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I did a search and clicked the archive button and may have found it. Don't know if ADMIN or MODs can pull it out of the archives.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
It disappeared about the same time the avatars did, but hasn't returned like they did.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:22 AM   #4
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
This is a feature I REALLY miss! I'm on dialup at home and it's such a time waste to have to open topics just to see if I'm interested in reading it.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
RAMBIGSKY
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2835
I checked with Forumco and they state the preview application was slowing down the forum. It will be back but not shure when. A new application needs to be found, researched and implemented.
RAMBIGSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
lmurphy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2328
WOW! I'm so glad I bumped into this topic because I always think if anything goes wrong it has to have been something I did. Now I can relax and not mess with my computer anymore, cause I've been trying everything to get the preview application to work. I also really, really miss this very special feature and can't wait for it to start up again.
lmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #7
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
ForumCo has been notified and have responded that one of these days this feature will return. Obviously this item is not a high priority item or it would probably be fixed by now. If it was slowing the Forum down then I'm in favor of it not being something we have right now. The system seems to be running just a little bit on the slow side and if the hoover preview feature slowed it down even more then the Forum would really be slow.

Perhaps when this feature gets reintroduced we will also have software that will operate the Forum more quickly.
Here's hoping we get something soon.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
radioattic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9967
Interesting. Forumco is not opening any new free accounts, and now they are dropping features. Sounds to me they are having limiting performance problems.

Too bad this is an ASP-powered program. I have available web space which I would be willing to donate for this forum, but I have a Linux server and not sure if I could handle the additional load for ASP-enabled add-ons.
radioattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:17 AM   #9
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Given the time it is taking to get this resolved, it may be time to look for different website developer.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:16 AM   #10
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Tom S.,
Tom if this were a critical function then I'd agree. But we are still very satisfied with the service and performance we get from ForumCo. Could it be better? Yes it could but at what price. As it is we pay relatively little for a relatively stable and well performing system. So far it has served our needs almost perfectly. If and when it no longer works as we expect we will take appropriate action to secure a system that will give us what we want.

Thank you all for your input and keep enjoying the Forum (even if it is somewhat less than perfect).

RVWheels, MOC Administrator
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:24 AM   #11
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Steve,
I was asked at the rally about the possibility of having a place to post pictures for MOC members. Not family pictures, but MOC family pictures, rallies, and such. Would that be a possibility with your server?

I realize that pictures can be a hog of resources. But, it could be arranged that no pictures greater tahn 100KB, or whatever value could be uploaded. That would mean that each person posting would have to re-size and ensure that they meet the criteria.

Tim Millington was the one who discussed this and maybe he can jump in and provide more information.

Admins: I personally enjoy this forum the way it is, and any additions or deletions of functions must be a product of effeciency, or the developers wouldn't do it.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
radioattic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9967
Wayne,

I'd be happy to provide disk space for photographs. I have an unused domain at http://janestopthiscrazything.net/ that we could use (the name seems oddly appropriate). Please ask Tom to contact me off the board to discuss (steve@radioattic.com).

RVWheels,

"Donate" means at-what-price = free. When the time comes where the performance is no longer acceptable, the offer will still be open.
radioattic is offline   Reply With Quote