Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2006, 03:32 AM   #21
Silverbird
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5622
We had contacted Keystone about the blue awning with the brown graphics which looks YUK! They would do nothing about it. The dealer told us that they would make it right, now the story is different, they will do nothing unless Keystone stands behind the change! We are very disappointed in Keystone's attitude towards what we always thought was a quality camper. We are home builders and would never dream of putting together something that does not coordinate. When we took delivery of the unit in January (in Minnesota) we never imagined we would need to "check the awning color" being they changed the graphics!!!! Buyer beware - check your awning color!!!!!

Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:13 AM   #22
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Silverbird, I wouldn't give up on Keystone just yet. Sometimes it just takes going up the chain of command a little higher. Someone here will come along with some contact info for you shortly.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:31 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Silverbird..You are correct on the buyer beware thing.. Our pre pdi included ..check the awning for tears and defects which meant it had to come down. Had it been a crazy color we would not have accepted before we wrote the check..Spotlights the need for a in depth PDI...Check everything..assume nothing..You might try your District sales rep sales howver don't see anything in the PR that mentions color co-ordinated awning.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:10 AM   #24
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Silverbird and everyone else whose awnings don't match the new graphics:

I personally would be throwing a fit and falling in it!
That's just plain not right. If Keystone had alot of extras, they should have done something else with them instead of pawning them off to everyone, KNOWING they look YUK and not even telling anyone about it!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #25
Silverbird
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5622
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wifeofdano

Silverbird and everyone else whose awnings don't match the new graphics:

I personally would be throwing a fit and falling in it!
That's just plain not right. If Keystone had alot of extras, they should have done something else with them instead of pawning them off to everyone, KNOWING they look YUK and not even telling anyone about it!

Oops, hit the wrong button!!!
Yes, it is terrible that they did not keep the graphics blue while they had blue awnings left - the "unsuspecting" got the missmatches - being they are "spendy" units seems to make it even worse!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #26
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
I'd wager that a few would-be customers telling the would-be selling dealers that they're just not going to take that thing because the colors don't jive would bring a none-too-surprising result from the factory folks.

I know I'd not want to take it home.

Of course, people would have to be aware of what the awning looked like BEFORE pulling it off the lot....

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:55 AM   #27
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lije Baley

There were three Montanas with the new graphics at Lake Siskiyou. Two had blue awnings, the third had a burgundy one. Maybe black and brown trim on a white awning is too radical a color choice for awning manufacturers, but it would have looked the best. Burgundy was ok. The blue really clashed and it was immediately apparent that Keystone decided inventory consumption outweighed esthetics.

Then again, some owners probably don't care a hoot. It sounds like they could have sold Rich some of that Avocado or Harvest Gold left over from the seventies.
Lije, are you putting down my avacado and gold applainces that I thought were so cool??? Next, you'll probably say something about my orange shag carpeting...

Ever seen Elvis' Graceland. I think it might be time for some "retro-fitting"...

This is why my wife doesn't let me pick out ANYTHING for the house that has a color choice... actually, now that I think about it, she doesn't let me pick out anything for the house, period...
Old 06-14-2006, 04:45 AM   #28
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Quote:
quote:[i]Lije, are you putting down my avacado and gold applainces that I thought were so cool??? Next, you'll probably say something about my orange shag carpeting...
Wow! Even your smilies are avocado and gold!
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:49 AM   #29
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I see that! I guess some of us just can't shake our upbringing...

Old 06-15-2006, 05:53 AM   #30
borfaloo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5608

Our 06 3400rk has the blue awning ..
I really did not think about it before but you are right it does not match. Only thing that is making me feel better about this is the fact that when I was out with the dog for our morning stroll I noticed a Holiday Rambler Presidential with a worse mismatch than ours !!!

Perhaps we should start a new thread complete with pictures .. worst dressed coach.

Sean
borfaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:33 AM   #31
Silverbird
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5622
We have written the company about this awning issue - found 3 "head people" (via internet search) to send the letter to. Will they do anything about it!!??? Maybe if enough people "speak up" about it they will realize their quality, 1st rate, "eye appealing" Montana is now a 2nd rate, mismatched "what happened to your awning, it doesn't match your camper" unit!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:50 AM   #32
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I guess I got lucky and the guy on the assembly line knew how to tighten screws because I have not had one cabinet screw come loose and I just completed 3500 miles on some not so great roads.
The only screw that has come loose is the screw that goes into the side of the living room Television to hold it inside the entertainment centre. The hole in the plastic TV cabinet has enlarged and the screw won't stay tight. I am going to remove the cabinet and use contact cement to glue a small piece of 1/4" plywood on the side of the TV over the screw hole. Hope that works.

On the new color graphics I like them both but my 05 F350 is blue so I was happy my 06 Montana still had the blue graphics.
On blue versus brown, I was told many years ago that blue never goes out of style. I bought an 86 Camry new and we were undecided to go blue or brown. The salesman told us about blue staying newer and we kept that terrific car for 16 years. They are still making blue cars but the old brown Camrys looked like they were 100 years old.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 08:16 AM   #33
kbabb72
Established Member

M.O.C. #5794
Send a message via AIM to kbabb72 Send a message via MSN to kbabb72
We have a new 2006 2955 with the new front with the cutaways and mirror...and have a blue awning. I was a bit surprised it was blue,since the new graphics on RV are leaning towards brown and navy. Looks fine anyway.
kbabb72 is offline   Reply With Quote