Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2017, 08:08 AM   #1
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Question Not only on Friday

Many jokes have been made about not wanting your RV built on a Friday. If you read the editorial in this weeks RV Travel you'll begin to believe you only want your's built in the winter. http://rvtravel.com/rv-travel-newsletter-issue-799/

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:12 AM   #2
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Interesting read. Ours was built in early December and we will see what difference that may make in time.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:26 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Having worked in that type of environment, I just know my concentation and skill level deminishes in proportion to the size of the puddle of water coming off me.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:40 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
That article was definitely an eye opener and what they go through in those plants/assembly lines up in Elkhart and surrounding area. May have to ask about this when we have the Fall Rally this September.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:19 PM   #5
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
I don't think they are made in one day. We toured a factory once and were told it takes three days.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #6
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
A bunch of snowflakes today!!!! Back in the olden days (ha ha) I worked in a factory making door and window frames. Threw around 4-10 ft 2x4s up to 2x12s on an assembly line. No A/C and I didn't think it was too terrible of working conditions. Oh, this was in Iowa - pretty similar to Indiana weather.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:10 PM   #7
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
I worked piecework in a fabricating plant where if mgmt. thought you were getting past the minimum too easily they were paying too much and raised the minimum piece requirement. No AC here either. Off to another fabricating plant, higher minimums but they did not change. No AC or heat in this plant. Big break came with a job in the steel mill. Never a need for heat around the blast furnaces and AC has not been built that could help there. Unacceptable? My next move was to volunteer for the military. In 1966/67 it stayed toasty in the jungle of Viet Nam ~~ no AC their either. Y'all have to do what you think best. Some are making hard choices. With a base rate of $10 per hour and making $60K during good times is not bad. No education or training required.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:51 PM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
All that is probably true, and I worked at Inland Steel right on the lake in my younger years and a Dairy farm before that, but we didn't have AC in the house or our car and only three fuzzy channels on the TV. Now days when everywhere you go but work is blasting the AC how well do you adjust to the off hours from AC when you work and would it affect your productivity when you think you deserve AC in your work environment?
Old 06-24-2017, 10:23 PM   #9
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Had the 3 channel tv too and I was the remote to change channel and/or antennae direction. No AC in my parents house until my wife and I could afford to put it in for mom. Worked in a federal building that did not have AC ~~ until the computers required it. Worked on a family farm and no AC, until it changed from beef to dairy it did not have electricity ~~ around 1959 or 60. No one whined either.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote