Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Good People

Noticed a brand spanking new 3485SA sitting pretty in the campground we were at this last weekend (Mountain View RV Park Creede, CO). Took a chance and knocked on the door.....

Sure enough - as I suspected it was Al and Diane from Evans (BigAl52). I heard they were buying a new rig that weekend, and they were also the ones the recommended the campground we were at to see the fall leaves turn, so a little rocket science and I figured they probably would stop there themselves on the way home.

Great folks and we enjoyed chatting with them and having lunch the next day! It's hard to believe a couple that does everything wrong according to the MOC (2500 pickup, extra fuel tank, etc.) could be so nice! hahhahahha - I told Al I would let out his secrets. Now if I can just get them to sponser a fall rally at this beautiful campground! I would make the coffee!

Congratulations on your new rig you guys and we look forward to future rendevous!

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Brad,

The world needs more people like you & Dory.....

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:40 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Brad, Did you intend to password protect your photo album titled "Creede Colorado" ? I'm not trying to pry - just thought that might be the campground you mentioned here since you had new photos in your signature.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:53 AM   #4
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Congrats to Al and Diane...I sure do love those side isle plans.
I'll be looking forward to hearing how you guys like it.

...you sound like quite the character Brad...hopefully we can see you guys sometime in Colorado...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:23 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Van Man - you're right, that is the campground in my sig. I was working on a new link and it's done http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...03&uid=6528899

The other one titled Creede Co is just a photo host for another post and will go away eventually.

Really thinking this needs to be a Quartzite pre-ralley.............

hahahahahha Bruce - you silly guy! I almost smashed my laptop trying to get rid of that bug crawling around on the screen! I'm still laughing at myself!
Old 09-28-2007, 06:17 AM   #6
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Sure glad the secret is out about the bug!!! With all the fruit flys and no see ums this summer, I just thought it was on the outside. You don't know how many times I casually swatted at that thing!! LOL the joke is on us.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:40 AM   #7
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I'm glad the secret's out about that RV Park !! Creede will definitely be on our next CO trek. One of the best RV trips we ever did included Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, and jeeps !! Thanks for sharing - those are some GREAT photos !!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
BigAl52
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4977
Well now the secrets are all out about me and Dolly and let me be the first to say the new 3485sa is just something special. I think it might be a great addition to the Montana line. We truly love ours and our first night was extra special because at 8:30pm we received a knock on our door from some really great people. Brad and Dory came in and we sat there untill midnight talking and getting to know each other. Next day I went to there house and we went to lunch had a great time and will do it again. As far as a rally goes what a great place to have one. Creede is truly a great place to go and enjoy the mountains. Fishing Jeeping and just relaxing every view out your Montana windows is a picture post card. Oh and by the way Brad could easly entertain everyone with all the gadgets he has put on his Monty. I left calling him inspector gadget as I think he might be able to surpass him. Is the coffee on yet Brad?............... Al
BigAl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Al,

Let me know how you guys like that model, that seems to be the one that has caught our eye as well. Based on the response I got from dealers in CO, I might be traveling to purchase our next unit. But now I've heard Montana has a bunch of new models and changes for 2008 so I'm thinking of waiting.

Next time I wish you and Brad would give me a couple weeks notice, we can make it a rally of three!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:02 PM   #10
BigAl52
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4977
Mac
I can tell you right now that the room difference between the 2980 and this new 3485 is great and I really like the bathroom like it is. I have a new brochure for 2008 and I really don't see to many other changes. I think next fall will be another trip to creede so put that on your calendar............... Al
BigAl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Hey Al, I'm grinding up some beans now to get ready.

MAC - Now that I've been there, I will definatey PM you next time. I was in the blind when we left (not even reservations - just ambition and a spot on the map ). Al gave me a heads up, but I don't think he even planned on being there.