Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2021, 06:20 AM   #1
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Arrived At New Destination

We arrived at our new destination, we will be here for the next 2 years on this work assignment. Nice small park, owners are very nice and it off the beaten path so no Hwy noise. It’s nice looking at the owners fields.

https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...1&d=1630844152
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...1&d=1630844149
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13A6A8C1-93EA-4C79-8E29-C7D4E05B047A.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	10096   Click image for larger version

Name:	849F175A-246C-4160-B8C2-5777ACFB6129.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	10097   Click image for larger version

Name:	EF903BA0-A43C-4B62-B265-2B6E3EC33539.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	10098   Click image for larger version

Name:	065A1B4D-2343-4327-AF7D-0C35DAE9E39B.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	10099  

2018 Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Aisin, 4:10 Gears
Titan 50 Gal Tank, Air Lift Wireless Bags
2017 3160 RL
DadsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 06:23 AM   #2
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Best of luck on the new assignment.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:32 AM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
We live in the country, surrounded by fields (across the road and behind the house). The crops rotate every year, and they are opposite behind and in front of the house. Beans one year, Corn the next. I love when the corn is behind the house because it makes a fantastic wall of privacy. There are a few other houses scattered around here.

It's always exciting to watch the farmers work their fields through their two year cycle, from preparing the ground in the fall after the last harvest, to prepping again in the spring, planting, cultivating, and then the growth periods. Next, watching the crop go through their annual cycle, young tender plants popping up through the dirt, maturing, turning brown and then finally the combines harvesting. And then the cycle starts over for the second year.

I'm a country boy, raised on a small farm, my first job I had where I actually got paid money from someone other than my parents was when I was 15 years old, bailing hay for a farmer down the road from my parents. At $1.00 an hour, I made $300 that summer.

If you have never lived in a country setting before.... truly a country setting .... with fields across the road from you ... you are in for a delightful new experience watching the 4 seasons and the life cycle of the community you are in.

Never, never, never get upset when you are driving down the road and get behind a farm tractor, a combine, a cultivating machine, or a load of hay on the back of a hay wagon. These guys are making their living, they work hard, and those machines cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to purchase, operate, and upkeep. Be patient and rather than getting upset because you are forced for follow a slow moving vehicle, step back, .... take in the moment .... and gain a new appreciation for the life-style surrounding you.

Congrats on your new work assignment. I guarantee you, after 2 years of living in your current environment, returning to a state park campground or a commercialized private campground like KOA will seem like returning to the Las Vegas strip!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #4
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
We live in the country, surrounded by fields (across the road and behind the house). The crops rotate every year, and they are opposite behind and in front of the house. Beans one year, Corn the next. I love when the corn is behind the house because it makes a fantastic wall of privacy. There are a few other houses scattered around here.

It's always exciting to watch the farmers work their fields through their two year cycle, from preparing the ground in the fall after the last harvest, to prepping again in the spring, planting, cultivating, and then the growth periods. Next, watching the crop go through their annual cycle, young tender plants popping up through the dirt, maturing, turning brown and then finally the combines harvesting. And then the cycle starts over for the second year.

I'm a country boy, raised on a small farm, my first job I had where I actually got paid money from someone other than my parents was when I was 15 years old, bailing hay for a farmer down the road from my parents. At $1.00 an hour, I made $300 that summer.

If you have never lived in a country setting before.... truly a country setting .... with fields across the road from you ... you are in for a delightful new experience watching the 4 seasons and the life cycle of the community you are in.

Never, never, never get upset when you are driving down the road and get behind a farm tractor, a combine, a cultivating machine, or a load of hay on the back of a hay wagon. These guys are making their living, they work hard, and those machines cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to purchase, operate, and upkeep. Be patient and rather than getting upset because you are forced for follow a slow moving vehicle, step back, .... take in the moment .... and gain a new appreciation for the life-style surrounding you.

Congrats on your new work assignment. I guarantee you, after 2 years of living in your current environment, returning to a state park campground or a commercialized private campground like KOA will seem like returning to the Las Vegas strip!
And where is this wondrous place located? I am not a farm person but that sure would be interesting.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:33 PM   #5
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I’m like DutchmenSport. I love the big farm country. To watch a combine harvest a field is something to enjoy. And about the cost of farm equipment. I talked to a John Deere salesman a few years ago. He had sold 3 combines to a farmer. He had paid for two and financed one at $760,000 each. That is a lot of wheat.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:37 PM   #6
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
This place is in Batesville ms, it’s name is Delta RV Park. It has maybe 20 spots. While I’ve not been raised on a Farm my family with exception of me were farmers in Kansas when they settled in from Sweden/ Germany in 1895. Somewhere in the late 60 the family sold off the land. We’ve raised, Hog, steers, chickens, rabbets and such but nothing large scale.

2018 Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Aisin, 4:10 Gears
Titan 50 Gal Tank, Air Lift Wireless Bags
2017 3160 RL
DadsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote