Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
bear
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9827
5th wheel skirt/store room

Hi all,

I want to get a skirt/store room for the Monty to hide things from honest people LOL, here is my challenge they come in three sizes 236",266",and 296" I have a 2007 2955 ,when I measure I come up with 255" don`t know if I am doing it correctly or not and I don`t know of any one around here that can help, Dealer wants $50 bucks to show me how plus over $200 to purchase and that is with out installation ,install is over $200
not willing to pay that, when I can get skirt from Tweety for a lot less $150

Thanks in advance

David

bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I have a skirt. If I were buying one, I would call the manufacturer technical support and chat. Since they are not sales force but rather service, there is a tendency (not fool proof) to give you straighter answers. I ordered mine on the internet at a discount. I suspect that you will want the 266" that puts your corner tabs 5" one each side further back from opening but that will work.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
OK you got me. What is a shirt store room??
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
bear
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9827
Mark,

It fits around the front of your 5th wheel with zip doors,keeps things out of sight and helps deter theft

Stiles,

Thanks for the in put, mind telling me which site you went on?
Old 04-23-2012, 03:44 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It has been 4+ years, but I think it was www.rvupgradestore.com . The Adco 266" is selling for $177. I don't know whether shipping is included or not. MSRP is $233.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
He meant Storage-Skirt. This is a covering that attaches to the front cap overhang to create a storage area which would include hiding the hitch pin that hangs down. While not very secure it does help hide lots of stuff from the public which is supposed to deter theft and keeps the campsite looking very neat.

My BIL has one of these and he keeps the bicycles, extra chairs, BBQ and many other items "behind the curtain". It also makes a great reminder to walk around the front cap instead of stooping under it and knocking your noggin on the pin (ouch). While it does make getting to the front storage area of the Monty more difficult, it's the owner's prerogative to use this cover.

The only very minor question is how long the cover is so that if a rig that was on a pretty good angle how would the cover contact the ground (no gaps, no bunching)?

I saw a topic some time ago that one MOC member had made a portable version of a cover with a wood and some kind of fabric. I'm pretty sure that would be a very inexpensive way to go, but require some talent to put it together and make it easy to use. It was actually quite clever and you could customize it any way you wanted. IIRC it was standalone and did not require drilling or fastening to the front cap, but I may be incorrect about that. Hopefully, the member steps forward to add the proper information.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #7
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
Mine was looking pretty ragged after 5 years so replaced it yesterday. Our 3400RL takes the 266" one, doubt if yours would be any different.

Phil

ps: a little over $170 cash and carry at Camping World
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
jrabbit
Established Member

M.O.C. #12435
I would be very interested in a DIY method, as well. We need something to disguise the kids' gear, but I am reluctant to spend $500 to do it. I am an architect, but the newness of RV life is preventing me from producing a creative solution for this problem.
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrabbit

I would be very interested in a DIY method, as well. We need something to disguise the kids' gear, but I am reluctant to spend $500 to do it. I am an architect, but the newness of RV life is preventing me from producing a creative solution for this problem.
You need to do this for a while anyway. Watch the forum and live the life. The ideas that fit your needs will either come to you or appear on the forum or both.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
They instsll easily, just be sure you stsrt at the front around the hitch and work your way back on each side. They are simple screw in snaps. The problem I had was replacing my orignal with a new one was that not all the snaps lined up perfectly facilitating extra snaps being installed. I used tent stakes through the bottom gromets to secure it to the ground. After a while, especially in the wind, the gromets began coming loose, thus the need for a new one. I really recommend them to keep things tidy AND out of the weather. Good place to store bikes and BBQ when not using them.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
bear
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9827
Thanks guys for the help, New skirt came today from tweety,best price $152 plus $18 shipping

Now I can get rid of the BLUE TRAP taped to front LOL

Thanks

David