Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Uh oh, ....now I went and did it!

Ordered our new '09 Montana 3605RL this afternoon. Yippee!

Supposedly, it will be one of the last two Desert Sunset interiors produced (hopefully anyway, we will find out for sure on Monday), as they are replacing that interior with one that is called Mocha. If the Desert Sunset is not available to us, we will have to decide between the Sapphire or Emerald Isle. The new Mocha just looks awful in my opinion (wife's too), and I don't see how they will sell very many units in that configuration. I'll post pics, if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Anyway, back to what I ordered.

Mandatory Options: (How can it be an option if it is mandatory!?)
Value package
Moving to Montana package
10th Anniversary package
20" w/ DVD bedroom tv upgrade

My Options:
Aluminum wheels (we'll see if they are rated 3750lb/110psi in the casting, or most likely just a sticker) w/ Goodyear Marathon tires.
Dual pane glass
Hi Gloss gel coat
King bed
Extra hi-back chair for the "office"
2 Fantastic fans w/ rain sensor (kitchen & bedroom)

Options that you usually see in pre-ordered Montana 5ers that are on the dealer lots in my area, that I did not want:
End table and lamp
Generator prep
Central vacuum
Electric fireplace

So, in about 3 or 4 weeks we'll be heading out to Indiana to drag it back to Oregon. I can hardly wait!

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
We've always picked the Desert Sunset, but I would have to consider the Saphire next time just because the carpet is a nicer color.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
Wschep
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8810
Congratulations on your new 3605RL. We have been in our 3665RE just over two weeks and LOVING it. We got the Emerald Isle and like it better than we thought we would. We have had absolutely no problems (I hope I did not just jinx ourselves) and cannot believe how big it seems. We, however, love our fireplace and have it running almost all the time (Michigan nights are cool right now...) and since I like to vacuum -- something sick inside of me I guess -- got the central vac and I think it is the coolest thing ever. We also got the dual pane windows and at this time its not been cold enough to really appreciate them - however - the campground where we are at (Hidden Ridge RV Resort - Shelbyville, MI) is by a highway that when you are outside you can hear a lot of truck traffic. Inside it is absolutely Q U I E T! We think the windows were a good decision as we plan to camp in the cool weather as much as possible.

Again Congratulations!!!!! Cyndie
Wschep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:55 AM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Just a word on the dual pane windows: We did the factory tour of the Montana plant in Goshen earlier this month and it was given by Charles Wade, a long time member of Keystone. He Said: The dual panes do nothing for temp control, they only add .1 btu to the window rating. They are strictly for noise control. I only post this to belay some expectations of the R factor of the dual panes.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:24 AM   #5
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
Congrats on your new Monty! We've got the 3400 with Desert Sunset interior and love the colors. We also have the fireplace, which we use on chilly mornings & evenings. Really takes the chill out and adds to the coziness. We also have the central vac, which is great. We have a long-hair cat and it really has the power to pick up the cat hair!! (even better than my vacuum at the stick home!)

Enjoy!
itaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:45 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Congrats on the new rig, may you enjoy it for many years to come.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:39 PM   #7
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wschep

....We, however, love our fireplace and have it running almost all the time (Michigan nights are cool right now...) and since I like to vacuum -- something sick inside of me I guess -- got the central vac and I think it is the coolest thing ever....
We mostly dry camp, so the fireplace was not so important to us. We would not typically be able to utilize it for the heat aspect, and the extra stowage space without the FP was more appealing. Even though the simulated fire would be nice to watch while relaxing in the recliners, I am more of a sit around the campfire, avoiding the smoke kind of guy. Just the way I was brought up I guess. We will get a couple of small heaters for when we go "luxury" camping with full hook-up and are "on the grid".

We will install a central vac, I just didn't care for where the optional one was placed in the kitchen cabinet. I will put one in the basement somehow and bring it in under the steps to the bedroom. It should be a little quieter that way, at least that is the plan.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

Just a word on the dual pane windows: We did the factory tour of the Montana plant in Goshen earlier this month and it was given by Charles Wade, a long time member of Keystone. He Said: The dual panes do nothing for temp control, they only add .1 btu to the window rating. They are strictly for noise control. I only post this to belay some expectations of the R factor of the dual panes.
Quiet is good!

On the R factor issue, ...there are several posts here about how they eliminate the sweating window syndrome in cold weather. If they do indeed prevent sweating, they must be doing more for the R factor than what the manufacturers testing shows. But then again, I am no expert on such matters. So, we shall see first hand how that pans out.

To all:

Thanks for your opinions and sharing of information. This kind of community makes for a better experience, instead of just floundering around all on your own. I'm sure we will be learning a lot from you all, over the months and years to come.

Glad I found you guys! Hope to meet some of you in the not so distant future.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:57 AM   #8
up2nogood
Established Member

M.O.C. #8293
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

We've always picked the Desert Sunset, but I would have to consider the Saphire next time just because the carpet is a nicer color.
I agree, So I ordered the desert sunset interior with the saphire carpet.I think the darker brown matches the Desert sunset better than the tan carpet it comes with. I think it was 200.00 to change the carpet color.
up2nogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:23 AM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by up2nogood

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

I agree, So I ordered the desert sunset interior with the saphire carpet.I think the darker brown matches the Desert sunset better than the tan carpet it comes with. I think it was 200.00 to change the carpet color.
Cool, I didn't know you could do that! next time I guess.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:39 AM   #10
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
The Saphire interior is nice, our 06 3000RK has that. Congrats on your choice that 3605 iseen eyeballing the 3665 one of my favorite models. I have been eyeballing the 3665RE I think that is the number, it has the rear entertainment set up. Hope you have many years of camping in your new rig. Jon
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:48 AM   #11
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

Just a word on the dual pane windows: We did the factory tour of the Montana plant in Goshen earlier this month and it was given by Charles Wade, a long time member of Keystone. He Said: The dual panes do nothing for temp control, they only add .1 btu to the window rating. They are strictly for noise control. I only post this to belay some expectations of the R factor of the dual panes.....
That's what has bothered me about the dual pane windows. If it is only noise reduction that they provide then I don't believe they are worth the extra money and weight.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #12
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Congrats on the new unit! Hope all is great when it arrives.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote