Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2007, 05:54 AM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Firmware Upgrade to Olevia HDTV's

Has anyone with one of these TV's updated thier firmware.
Also is the Olevia 32" HDTV the 532 model?

Thanks

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Bob, good question, that is why I am bumping it back to the top. That is the tv that comes in the BS and it is sweet. Works well but kind of a pain in the butt to program. The owners manual is a bunch of zeroxed sheets stapled together. Took a bit of work but I got it to pick up 7 digital channels and two analog. We can only get two analog here, one of the digitals was the same as one of the analogs and DAMN is that nice. Full HD digital in the woods. I wasn't aware that the Olevia needed a firmware update. Maybe now that it is back at the top of the list we can get an answer... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
We also have an Olevia. We bought our Big Sky in August, did the walkthrough.....couldn't test the TV as they didn't have a cable hookup......Several days later, Comcast came out to hook us up and the tech said our cable wiring in the BS was bad. We could get a signal in the bedroom TV but not the TV in the living room. We called Keystone CSR and the local dealer, Foley's( now Camping World in Burlington, Wa) and neither could give us any help. Four days later, we towed the BS back to the dealer, a good two hour drive each way in heavy traffic. Turns out we had a failed tuner in our brand new TV. The service dept. told us we would have to come back in three or four weeks or longer for a new one. We politely told him we weren't leaving without a new TV and they could get one out of the new units on the lot. He didn't have authority to do that, so we went across the street to the dealer and asked our salesperson to intervene. He talked to the manager and told us the same thing. At that point, I made it clear we weren't leaving until we could talk to the manager. Finally, about 15 minutes later, the manager came out and explained that they couldn't give us a television out of one of the new units as that meant they wouldn't be able to sell it. I told him I really didn't care what his problems were but he better take care of mine. I reminded him that the factory should have caught it and didn't and his predelivery person should have caught it and didn't. We bought a new unit and expected a working TV and would be happy to wait while they got us one. After making us wait another half an hour, they finally agreed to pull a new TV out of another unit. So it only took about seven hours to do what could have been done in one hour. The moral to this story is #1, don't believe Comcast techs and #2 don't take a new unit without ensuring everything works, including the TV. (We found out when we took it back that there is a cable hookup in the shop.....they just don't want to be bothered with it, so they lie to the customers.)
And yes, now that we have a working TV with a working cable, (and operated by a non working person the picture's great. The jury's still out on reliability.

After all that, I'm afraid to ask you what's a firmware update and please don't tell me I have to do back to the dealer)) I think they'll run for the hills when they see me coming.

Judy

judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
First since I dont have an serial number to my TV yet as unit not due in for 5 weeks or so I cannot confirm if a firmware update is available for it yet. But it is something you do by connecting to the internet and the tv through your PC and if there is a firmware update they advise you of the steps to take and you then install it. No trip to dealer. It is just like a virus update for you computer or anyother software update. They just call it firmware as it is updating the software that your TC uses to provide its picture, settings interface etc.
If you PM me you TV's serial number I will go the Olevia site and see if your model has a firmware available. It may not. Just depends on their development staff.
Thanks
Bob

We are excited and very much looking forward to our 340RLQ lat November or early December.
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:56 AM   #5
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Bob,
I just tried to find the serial number and it must be hidden either under the set or where the brackets hold the tv. Anyhow it's not easily accessible. I do know it's a model 532. We did not receive any written manuals but did get a CD. After going to their site, it looks like I could download the manual but so far haven't needed it.

We're very happy overall with our unit and as we're fulltimers....that's a good thing
Good luck with yours.

Judy
judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Judy, I went to the site and saw the PDF file for the manual and then looked in the delivery folder I got from the dealer and found the manual. It was downloaded from the site and printed and stapled together. Not a great manual but it did get me up and running. Interesting menu system on the TV... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote