Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2019, 11:37 AM   #21
Studpuppy

M.O.C. #23103
Samsung Ice

Our Samsung residential refrigerator makes ice chips not ice cubes. Is there a setting to change ice sizes. Looked under and around icemaker but don't see any where to change setting.

Studpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #22
dfroggatt

M.O.C. #23712
Lightbulb

I recently Purchased a 2019 Keystone Montana 3931FB 5th Wheeler. for the past 8 years to this I have always travel with Diesel Pusher. I have a similar issue with regards to "Turning Off" the Residential Refrigerator. I have questioned Keystone and searched for a Circuit Breaker Panel that allows me to take this action. There is no circuit breaker available for the Refrigerator in this model and according to Keystone, the only way to shut it off, is to pull it out and remove the plug and/or disconnect the battery. Pulling the Refrigerator out does not appear easy and is not an option for me. I have not tried the Dealer "Demo" setting option, however, that sounds to me as a real option and requires little effort. I have considered unplugging the cord attached to the Inverter, but have never confirmed that this is only feeding the refrigerator. Without getting into the theory of Ohm's law or those relating to electricity, it seems to me that the manufacturer screwed up here, by leaving out a simple circuit breaker and/or fuse panel. That's as simple as "On-Off".
dfroggatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:49 PM   #23
tom woodward
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25118
Quote:
Originally Posted by miket49 View Post
even after taking the two anchor screws out in front the frig is will not roll out because of the molding in front which runs half way across the kitchen slide
The first time I took the refrigerator out I tore off the trim. When we put It back in I placed a 2x4 on edge in front but butted up to the trim. You can use the 2x4 as a fulcrum and lift the back of the fridge on to the 2x4 and rock it onto the rear wheels and push it all the way in without ruining the trim But if you just want to turn it off, open the door so you can see the lighted controls and start shutting off the CBS u til the lights go off. Bingo!
tom woodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:22 PM   #24
dfroggatt

M.O.C. #23712
Smile Samsung Residential Refrigerator

Tom, thank you for your quick response to my message. If or when I elect to take this step, your feedback should prove to be invaluable and prevent damage to my Trailer.

In the meantime, I will probably be showing my ignorance ... but, what is a CBS
dfroggatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:23 PM   #25
jcurryii
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12636
Had aftermarket Samsung residential put in our Monty after AC/gas failed. No inverter.
To winterize I had a two way valve put in the water line to drain line, let ice maker cycle. Run pink juice through valve to outside. No need to put antifreeze in ice maker. Never had a problem. Now wintering in Florida don’t have to winterize.
jcurryii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:53 AM   #26
GreG L.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21993
I have a 2020 and a friend has a 2019 both are set up the same way. We have a round red 2 position switch in the battery compartment on the wall that shuts off power to the inverter, when in storage I turn that off (and as a backup pull the plug out of the inverter). I checked it by turning off the switch and all the lights on the refrigerator and inverter went off, if I bring up the generator it powers up the refrigerator until I shut it off. When I hook up I turn the switch on and plug the cable into the inverter and remember to turn the inverter on.
GreG L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:50 PM   #27
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by miket49 View Post
Hi
we are the new owners of a HC 331 RL.And have just finished winterizing the water system including running pink rv fluid threw the ice machine. After doing this we have discovered there is no way to turn the RF18 residential refrigerator off ? the book just says if your not going to use it for an extended period of time to unplug it ?? pulling it out to unplug it does not appear to be a simple task?
So my question is ??? once I unplug the 50 amp power supply to the fifth wheel will the refigator continue to run on the batteries until they run down ??
Thanks
Mike t
On my fridge there is a button to turn the ice maker off. A valve under the sink shuts off the water line and there is a drain under the slide. I do not put antifreeze in the water line to the ice maker and just turn off the breaker to the fridge for storage.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote