Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2007, 11:21 AM   #1
LAURA
Established Member

M.O.C. #1304
Purchase a 3075

We are going to trade a Montana 2955 for a 3075 soon. Can anyone out there with a 3075 tell us how you like this model?
How do you like air mattress on the divan?

LAURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
Laura we took delivery of a 3075 last Dec and are very pleased with it. The interior design leaves a large open area because of the kitchen counter arrangement. The cupboard in the entryway is adequate for hanging coats and we really like the computer storage arrangement. The design gives the amenities of a larger unit without the extra length. Note though that the pin weight is quite high-loaded our pin wt is 2320 lbs with a total trailer wt of 12000lbs. This does not exceed the axle rating of our '04 Ford 3/4 ton but the gross vehicle wt rating of the truck is exceeded. In spite of this the rig handles well and is comfortable on the road. Our fold out couch does not have the air mattress and is not very comfortable.
berridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
Chip
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6338
We have had our 3075 since last fall as well. WE put 2500 miles on it this summer and spent 30 days in it. We love it for the reasons beridge stated. However our pin weight is 2700 lbs and we go light, just necessities, tanks empty, total trailer weight of 11440 lbs. Total cargo weight on the truck was 3100 lbs so I upgraded from a 3/4 ton to a dually recently.

The mattress on the divan is ok for a kid and thats about it. The mattress on the our queen bed we replaced. It was bad. We checked new units and the mattress seems to be better than the one we got.

Chip

2012 Big Sky 3400, now an SOB 5th wheel
2007 Montana 3075 previously
2015 GMC 3500 Dually
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:52 PM   #4
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
We picked up our 3075RL on the 28th of December last year and we simply love the floor plan. As others have said it is so open and feels bigger than it looks. Ours didn't come with the air bed sofa and I would really like to have the storage drawer that the new sofas have. We have pulled it about 3000 miles and it couldn't be nicer.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:19 AM   #5
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
I'v had my 3075 since June and really like it. Haven't used the air mattress yet, but it will get used this next week as I am heading to Ruidoso NM to motorcycle rally and will have extra folks staying in it. The mattress on the king size bed is just O K nothing to write home about. Lots of room in trailer plenty of storage space.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:42 PM   #6
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
We have had ours 1 1/2 years and really like it. The floor plan is very open and has a lot of room. We don't have the air mattress in ours, but did buy a Coleman air matress and our daughter says it sleeps good.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:49 AM   #7
bosan
Established Member

M.O.C. #6922
Hi Laura,

We have had our 3075 since May and have enjoyed it very much. The open living space impresses our friends and is great on rainy days when we have to stay indoors. We love to cook and have no problem with the kitchen or storage. We ordered the Queen size bed, however, and love having added access on the sides. I couldn't ask for a better unit to tow. We get reasonable mileage and sometimes I look back to see if the unit is still there.
bosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
Laura,

We have had ours since March of this year and love the floor plan. We have had other trailers that give us a closed in feeling. The high ceilings and the open space in the center make it comfortable for either hanging out or working in the kitchen. We have the king size mattress which we like, but the mattress is just "ok" in comfort department. We don't have the air mattress on the divan, our granddaughter didn't complain, but she is only 7! We LOVE the rear window especially when we park in an area with a nice view, it brings the outdoors inside!

Most on this forum like the central vac, but I cannot seem to get used to it (too bulky and hard to handle). I opt to use a small upright that stores nicely in the laundry closet. Maybe I'll give the central another shot soon, but for now I'm happy with the upright!

We only have the one AC unit, but we are quite pleased on how well it cooled the unit including the bedroom area. We experienced some very hot temps here in southern California this last weekend and it did just fine keeping it between 73 & 78 degrees inside. Of course, we kept the blinds closed and tried not to open the door too much.

We have had our share of little things go wrong and it is currently in the shop for the rear blinker and refer not cooling properly, but all in all, I am glad we have this model. The bugs are being worked out! I'll quit yacking for now! LOVE IT!

Good Luck!
Sue
RCMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:49 AM   #9
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
we've had opur 3075 since April and have taken three trips in it. So far great. The kitchen seemed a trifle small when I was cooking for 8 on our last trip but when there were just 2 or 3 of us it was great.

We ordered the king bed and as they have said the matress is typical 4' trailer matress. Because my Sister and i share the bed we went to a mattress factory in our town and had two long twin pillow tops with cut corners made. The only draw back was because it was about 14 inches thick we had to take the headboard and the two small side helves off. No real loss. Made up as two twins we don't bother each other when we roll over.

We have the queen airbed sofa and both my sister and our 93 year old mom have slept in it and think it is really comfortable.

We have added an additional frige (4 ft from Costco) and instlledit in the closet where the washer/dryer would go.

Our first long trip will begin on 9/28 when will take 3,500 miles trip. Really looking forward to seeing how I like after that trip.

We had a reciver hitch installed on the back end for the bike rack and have installed two 6" pvc pipes under the front for carrying our folding ladder and sewer hoses. I also put a hand rail in the hall going up the inside stairs for my mom's use.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:19 AM   #10
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
We have had our 2007 3075 for over a year and love it. We left home the first of May of this year and will not be back until Thanksgiving. We find the floor plan works well for us. We have made a few adjustments along the way. The first thing we did after we bought it was to replace the mattress in our bedroom and the new sofa was not available so we replaced the sofa mattress as well. John also installed a solar system. I hardly notice that we are towing.

Dorothy
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote