Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
harleyf250
Established Member

M.O.C. #7443
front ac unit

hello to all!! I hope im posting this in the rite forum.Im looking to purchase a front ac unit for my 2008 3400 rl and woull like some info on a good unit that will work in my 5er.. unit is allready prepped for one.. thanks in advance, dave

harleyf250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:41 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Harley -

The AC units are universal in thier application, therefore any brand will fit. The only criteria is it has to be the non-ducted type and as a result you typically have to buy the enterior control/faceplate separately.

You have additional options on whether to go with a standard height or low profile. We have the keystone factory AC standard height which increases our overall height to 13ft-3in. You can keep this down to 13ft-0in with a "low-profile" unit. As an opinion only, I believe the standard height units are quieter than the low profile units, but I have no scientific evidence to base my decision on. Our old Monty had a low profile, and our new one has standard height in front and the new one "seems" quieter, however I am older and everything "seems" quieter - blurry too!

Happy shopping!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #3
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
We have the low profile Dometic Penguin AC in the bedroom. It works fine but is noisy, even on low speed. But not a problem for us even when we are sleeping--works like a white noise machine.

Based on the advice others provided to us on this forum, we had the optional heat strip installed in the unit so that we can use the AC in cooler temps to circulate some warm air in the bedroom.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
My Big Sky has a 13500 Brisk-Air put on at the factory, works fine. I am going to install a heat strip. Kerry
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I also have the Penguin Duo-therm lo profile. I believe thought that I am still 13'3" Brad. I need to get a good measurement on this height figure, though. I now also have a vent cover now, too, for my bathroom vent.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote