Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2007, 09:37 AM   #21
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We have them on all 4 trailer tires and all 4 truck tires. They are worth the money.
We also purchased the locks that fit each sensor so they don't walk off.
Did not have any leakage from the valve stems but we changed all of them to metal stems.

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:08 PM   #22
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
It's not a bad idea to mount one on the spare also. Awful embarrasing to pull spare off to use only to find it flat. When I get enough aluminum cans I will buy another sensor.....

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #23
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
My Birthday is coming up. 10th - I am going to start laying the trailer life and highway magazine's around on the coffee table with the DORAN page exposed... I did it with NEW TRUCK BROCHURES didn't work. I guess I am not suttle enough. ha ha
I did Call DORAN and spoke to tech there, who said rubber valve stems will work but are very marginal and because of CENTRIFICAL FORCE they really don't recommend the rubber stems. Not that I am CHEAP or anything, but I sure wouldn't enjoy seeing those $50.00 dollar babies FLY past me going down the road. So have to order locks also.. That is a lot to lay on the coffee table ha ha ha
Well, if your wondering,,,, check out my valve stems in BRANSON MAY 2008 SEE YA THERE
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:44 PM   #24
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
When Bonnie had the flat on the Silverado a few weeks ago, I could not figure out why the rubber valve stem appeared to be cut when it was totally within the rim on the inside of the dual wheels with no other damage to either tire or marks on the inside of the rim. I bet that the force created from whatever she ran over on the road with the sensor on the rubber valve stem caused the valve stem to snap rather than cut. I'm glad I took the opportunity to change all of the valve stems to brass.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:26 AM   #25
SRD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #722
Well, just a short follow up. Received my Doran Pressure Monitor System in the mail on Friday. I took everyone's advice and pulled my tires and took them down to the local Tire Kingdom to have my rubber valve stems replaced with brass stems. I'm anxious to try them out. We have tickets to Disney's Night of Joy on Sept. 7 and 8 and have reservations at Disney's Fort Wilderness, so I'll check them out then. My sister and husband have SOB 5er and they're going to Disney with us and he's also anxious to check them out. Thanks for all the advise/feedback.
Steve
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
SRD...Just a tip if you have not already thought of this. Set your tire pressure in your driveway or wherever you can get the Tv and camper together. Make sure the tires are cool..If they are hot or even in the sun the pressure will vary. It takes about 3 to 5 mins for the sensors to set them selves. make sure that the PSI on the MONITOR reads 80PIS for each tire. remember that when you take the sensor off the tire to add air you MUST keep it off for a couple of mins so it can reset to the proper reading. (All this is in the instruction book) We found a difference in the PSI when using a GOOD tire guage..Example the tire guage reads 80 the monitor reads 78...We made sure the monitor reads 80PSI. That set PS Iis what the system will use as the base PSI so it is a important reading to get correct.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:03 AM   #27
SRD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #722
Thanks Rich for the info. I can set everything up in our drive way prior to our next road trip next week. thanks Steve
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote