Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2007, 11:30 AM   #1
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
Slide operation on 329RLT Mountaineer

My unit is only about 7 months old to me but spent some time on the dealer’s lot. When I got it the bed went out first and then the kitchen second, now the big living room/dinning room slide would go out about half way and stop. Wait a few seconds and press the button and it would finish, usually. They come back in the same way they went out with bed first, kitchen then the big one and it would probably stop before it was in. I have not used it that much and the fluid level had only dropped slightly but it is steadily getting worse and stopping more then once.

I read one thing in keystone manual about fluid and level and something else in the Leppert (? Spelling) manual. Decided to fill with recommended fluid and to 1” from the top per Leppert. Ran it in and out a couple times, some improvement but still stops a few times but never on the bed slide.

Am I doing something wrong even though trying to follow manuals?

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
It is probably the circuit breaker. Search for posts about this problem.
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
Thanks ARJ,
Did the search and got lots of information.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:53 AM   #4
happy campers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6523
We had some similar symptoms, and it turned out to be a circuit board that was exchanged under warranty. Good luck with your repairs.
happy campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:44 AM   #5
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
I have a 2004 297rks with two slides that just started to stop with the large slide half way in. I changed the breaker, it still kicks out with the new one. I spray a lot of lube on the moveing parts on the slide, it helps. I have found if you put one slide in and stop and count to 10 before you move in the next one, it helps. The breaker to me seems to be a wimpy little thing for what it has to control. A friend of mine who owns an auto electric shop put the old breaker on a load test,before I sent the thing back to lippert. He told me the old one was kicking out long before it should with a load one it. We may try to rig up something different to replace the lippert part.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:07 AM   #6
Merv
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1001
Hi Cyrus,
One thing that will help is to use a slide seal lubricant on the seals of all the slides. I was having issues with the same thing, the slides would go out slow and then trip the breaker for a few seconds. Then after a few seconds I could finish extending them. I found out that by lubing the seals there was much less drag on the slides when going out and in. This made the slides move faster and the breaker no longer tripped.
It was a cheep fix and its better for the slides and hydralic motor.
Merv
Merv is offline   Reply With Quote